Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seasoned member (nearly 60) and have used firearms for over 45 years. Never have owned a 1911 or .45acp, but many .38/.357, 9mm, .380 and .40 handguns in addition to rifles and shotguns. A co-worker absolutely LOVES 1911's, and specifically Kimbers, so I've thought about getting one for some time now. Purchased a new UltraCarry II and look forward to getting to know it - may use as a CC weapon, but the range and how it feels on me in the holster will let me know for sure.

Was difficult finding ammo, but nothing new since last year for most any popular caliber. Did source enough 230gr FMJ range ammo to do the recommended 500 break-in rounds - is this absolutely necessary? I had assumed I'd do a couple hundred rounds to get the feel and make sure it cycled well, but will review more posts in the forums and your responses here to determine how I'll proceed.

Thanks in advance for your replies and the wealth of information on this site.

SW

·
Registered
7,834 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northeast Pa.

Congratulations on your Ultra Carry. Get a good leather holster, like a Wright Leather Works or Milt Sparks. Plenty of other good holsters out there. The Ultra will disappear.

If I didn’t have an issue in the first 200 rounds I never had a problem after that. At 400 rounds I would carry the gun if it shot 100%. You have to do what makes you comfortable.

·
Super Moderator
37,615 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Dimondale, Mi. ScottWally.

·
Registered
13,705 Posts
Welcome to the site from Tennessee! I agree with JC. If you get 100-200 rounds without a malfunction I'd call it good, mainly because affordable ammo is not available now and for who knows how long.
I'm not really wanting to use any of the stockpile for break-in that may not be needed.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
...clean thoroughly before shooting the first time... ...clean after every shoot during breakin... enjoy...

...welcome to the forum from north Alabama just shy of the Tennessee line...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts