Kimber Talk Forums banner

New member, lots of questions...

2K views 14 replies 15 participants last post by  v35b 
#1 ·
Greetings, Gentlemen and Ladies!

Due to the wonderful new IL concealed carry law in effect and the brand spankin' new addition to my family (baby daughter), my wife let me buy any gun I wanted. I got a Kimber Pro Carry II. As soon as my permit comes in, I'll have it with me 24/7. Wondering about holsters and overall carry habits of the members here regarding Kimbers and other guns you carry. Any help would be appreciated as I'll be outfitting my new Kimber with a holster (or 5) and other accessories.

Thanks in advance and thanks for having me!

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum from Ohio!! I carry a Stainless PCII myself. I've got it in a Wild Bills Concealment OWB holster. Holsters and methods of carry are a personal choice thing. Kinda like buying a pair of shoes. What fits me may not fit you. Look at all the options as to the type of carry (IWB,OWB) and try to determine what would work best for your lifestyle and how you dress. This info is just the tip of the iceberg, but I hope it helps some.

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois thaifighter06 and congratulations on the new baby daughter. The Kimber Pro Carry II is a great gun, being new to holsters myself I can't help you too much. I started with a Crossbreed Super Tuck IWB and have an order in for a Brigade GunLeather M-11 Ultimate. I'd start with getting your PC II broken in properly and worry about carrying it afterwards. If you haven't done so yet, "Read The Owners Manual" and clean and lube the gun before firing it for the first time.

#4 ·
Welcome to the site from Tennessee! Most of the time I carry a Ultra CDPII in the OWB holster that was included in my pistol purchase. I have a couple different holsters. Currently shopping for a IWB. Exact weapon changes with my mood, clothes, activity. We can tell you what is best for you, you will need to try styles and methods for yourself.

#7 ·
Hey Ya'll!

Welcome to the forum from beautiful downtown Monroe, Georgia!!!
:cool::cool::cool:
Sky Water Water tower Tower Font

Over the years, I have tried literally dozens of holsters. I have a box full of them in my closet. I went through a number of IWB and finally came to the conclusion that they really weren't for me. I have since converted to OWB holsters designed for concealed carry. This rules out all kydex holsters that I have ever seen. They just plain stick out too far and clearly print your pistol. My latest "go to" holsters are the Blackhawk Check Six (small of back, that I carry just behind my right hip) or the Bianchi Model 57 Remedy holster. Both hold the pistol high and close to the body and almost eliminate printing altogether. These may or may not suit you or your carry needs. As has been stated before, holsters are personal!!

Handgun holster Auto part Personal protective equipment Fashion accessory Boot

Check Six
Guitar accessory Gesture Wood String instrument accessory Font

Bianchi Model 57 Remedy

#10 ·
Welcome,

I carry a super carry ultra plus in a wild bills IWB holster, its easy clip on and off as I sometimes remove and put on a couple times a day.

#11 ·
Welcome to the group. In my opinion, you have already been given good info and examples. The only extra I can offer is that shopping for anything as personal as a holster can only be done hands on. Find what you like on line or in a catalog, then go put your hands on it and see how it will work with your needs.

#13 ·
Holsters for CC

Welcome from Nevada.

A long time ago, when I lived in Illinois, I had a Milt Sparks 1-AT that I really liked. Their new model is called the CC-AT (for concealed carry), and, like the 1-AT, has an adjustable tension welt. I have one on order right now. Unfortunately, all of the holsters are hand made, and they are currently reporting 10-16 week delivery times. :(

They are currently working through their backlog of orders from December, 2013. The CC-AT is an all leather OWB, but they have other models available for order.

#14 ·
Welcome from Ky. I also have a Pro Carry II. I carry it in a crotch holder. It's really uncomfortable hard to get to but I have to beat the ladies off with a stick. Like Chuck said, read the manual...it's a real page turner. Here, you'll hear about modifications you can make from springs to magazines and sights. And pick up some drinking tips. Congrats on the baby. Time to buy a safe.

Rule 1: post lotsa pics.:cool:

Attachments

Reactions: Richard
#15 ·
Welcome from Florida, I have been a Crossbreed fan for years I find them to be the most comfortable IWB holster, OWB is always more comfortable but a little harder foe me to conceal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.