Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, What 5-6 of us here at this point...lol. I found this forum from the link at the bottom of Walther forums. I'm mostly a Walther guy, but for my 1911 its a Kimber, a Ultra CDP II to be exact. I love that gun, had zero issues with approximately 1000 rounds through it. I pretty sure my next 1911 is going to be a Kimber TLE II 5". I love the features on the TLE II. Well anyway I'm looking forward to hanging out here and picking up tips here & there. If this forum is anything like the walther forum, then a photo or two is mandatory, so here's mine.

The knife is from Ultimate Equipment it's the M1911 "Officer" Compact Folding Knife. When I get the TLE II, I plan on getting a M1911 fixed blade to match it.

My Kimber it's Highnoon shoulder holster.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a TLE II I have pictures that I want to upload but can't figure out how to do it. I love that gun and the only thing I wish was different was I wish I had a rail. I added aftermarket mainspring housing, magwell, grips, ext slide catch, grip safety and ambi-safety. If you can give me some direction on how you got the pictures up I will be happy to post them

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Ferg, your TLE II sounds cool. I want the rail with the TLE II too. To post photos I put them on an online photo sharing site, I use Picasa because it's free. After the photos are uploaded there I then pick the photo I want to share here and right click on that photo and select Copy image URL. To add that selected photo to a post click on the Insert Image icon in the message bar next to the colors icon, bold icon ect. that will open a box that you right click and paste the photo URL you copied.... Hope this helps you out because I'd like to see your TLE II.

·
Registered
14 Posts
that looks like a ed brown chain link pattern main spring housing, i just put one on my custom2, is that a wilson or a ed brown slide stop? i used a wilson bullet proof slide stop on mine:D captin k man, that pistol/knife combo look great together welcome to the forum

·
Registered
13 Posts
Diesel, you are correct. It is an Ed Brown chainlink pattern. The slide stop is a Wilson Combat and the Ambi Safety and Grip Safety are both from Kimber

·
Registered
13 Posts
4nines, the Grips are gatorbacks slim grips from VZ grips. I used to have Vz recon IIs on it, i like the gatorbacks better.

·
Registered
6 Posts
New to kimber forum

Hi Kimber owners,

I'm a owner of various 1911's to which I am very proud to own as they are second to none, but always had my eyes on a Kimber due to looks, reliability, etc... Regardless of price. I just purchased a Kimber pro raptor II, but reading to numerous websites reviews I am quite shocked to see more negatives than positives comments towards kimber. For you all kimber owners, what do you think about the pro raptor II? Was it a good investment or a $1200 paper weight that for a couple of hundred more could have had purchased a Dan Wesson. I own 1911's from desert eagle to SA, colt, etc... I want to take this baby to the range and give it a try. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
38,426 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Cardinal Nation Captain K-Man...

Very nice Ultra and the knife matches it well..
Really he should be welcoming you to the forum, he's been a member here since 12/16/12, that 11 months more then you. Tell Mr. Skyy to stop resurrecting the dead this thread is over 2 1/2 years old. LOL

·
Super Moderator
38,426 Posts
Just thought that I missed saying hello to a new member...

My Missouri hospitality is coming out...:D
Relatively speaking he's the old member and you're the new member. If you're seeking entertainment give Mr. Skyy your credit card and see what the UPS guy brings next week.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Can Hardly Wait!!!

Please let us know what Mr. Skyy orders!!! Looking forward to hearing about this one!!! Hope it is something big and expensive for GiGi!!!
applause-smiley-emoticon.gif

1 - 20 of 20 Posts