Kimber Talk Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
See my post on the slide drop solution. It fixed mine 100%,
Thanks, something I’ll look into for sure. Just frustrating that Kimber did not fix it right the first time. My first and now last Kimber firearm purchase.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Thanks, something I’ll look into for sure. Just frustrating that Kimber did not fix it right the first time. My first and now last Kimber firearm purchase.
That's too bad you feel that way. I purchased 3 Micro 9's and a Kimber Micro that have been operationally flawless. They're great little guns. My Micro 9 Rapide is pretty much my warm weather EDC.

·
Registered
14,638 Posts
I'm having the exact same issue with mine. Already sent it out to Kimber once and they did some things, but once again it is dropping magazines, I think from the recoil of the slide. On the original repair they polished the feed ramp and changed magazine release spring, which I could tell was much stiffer. I'm debating sending back to Kimber for a second repair. Did you ever get yours fixed and if so what was the problem that was fixed?
The OP has not been online since July 2, 2020.
You might want to post up your Micro9 issue in a new thread.

Dropping magazines has been a pretty common issue with multiple threads.

I would not hesitate to return for warranty work as many times as it takes for them to get it right!

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's too bad you feel that way. I purchased 3 Micro 9's and a Kimber Micro that have been operationally flawless. They're great little guns. My Micro 9 Rapide is pretty much my warm weather EDC.
That’s the sad thing about it. I actually like the gun. It’s accurate with nice sights and a good trigger. It’s unnerving to pull the trigger and have a gun not go bang! And now I’ve formed a bad habit of checking the magazine after every shot. I just can’t depend on it for my life and therefore will not use it for EDC.

Kimber should have fixed it properly after the first time I sent it in for repair. That’s on them, not on me!

·
Registered
5 Posts
The OP has not been online since July 2, 2020.
You might want to post up your Micro9 issue in a new thread.

Dropping magazines has been a pretty common issue with multiple threads.

I would not hesitate to return for warranty work as many times as it takes for them to get it right!
I decided that I will return it again. I like the gun and really want it to work properly. You would think with how common the issue is reported, Kimber would be more adept at fixing the problem.

Also I only posted in this thread after a Google search to see if other people were having the same issue.

I appreciate everyone responding to me, even though it’s an outdated thread.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I decided that I will return it again. I like the gun and really want it to work properly. You would think with how common the issue is reported, Kimber would be more adept at fixing the problem.

Also I only posted in this thread after a Google search to see if other people were having the same issue.

I appreciate everyone responding to me, even though it’s an outdated thread.
I can understand your lack of confidence in it. Good on you for giving Kimber a second chance on getting it right. PLEASE keep us posted on the outcome.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I'm curious is the mag that keeps falling out the same one that came with the gun when purchased? Does every magazine you put in it fall out? I'm sorry your having problems with your Micro 9. I would surely send it back and let them reexamine it. I have a Micro 9 and have never had an issue with it. and all I have is Kimber magazine for it. Please keep us informed and let us know if Kimber resolves your issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm curious is the mag that keeps falling out the same one that came with the gun when purchased? Does every magazine you put in it fall out? I'm sorry your having problems with your Micro 9. I would surely send it back and let them reexamine it. I have a Micro 9 and have never had an issue with it. and all I have is Kimber magazine for it. Please keep us informed and let us know if Kimber resolves your issue.
Hi, I sent it back to Kimber. They should be getting it today per UPS tracking. I have three Kimber brand magazines for it. All three are seven round with the extended black butt pad and all three pop out while shooting. I’ll update this thread as I hear from Kimber, receive the gun back, and test fire it at the range.

Thanks for your interest in this issue!

·
Registered
538 Posts
A few months ago I had the same issue with my micro Rapide. Sent it back to Kimber fixed the problem along with some other things that needed to be addressed. They did a beautiful job came back better than when I bought it. I decided to sell it as I found it a bit small for my hand otherwise I Would have kept it. Kimber CS is top notch.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts