Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saying hello.
Like an expectant father pacing the delivery room doorway, I am waiting for my new pistol to get to my FFL. I appreciate this forum and the many contributions as I will start the familiarization process towards carrying this one. I had carried an Ultra Carry in .45 for many years and also more recently a Glock 43x.
I recently began downsizing my gun collection and going to a single caliber (9mm).

Please feel free to offer any tips in the process ahead of me and point out any "must read" threads.

Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Welcome @edthornbrugh .. I'm also a proud owner of a Micro 9 Rapide Black Ice.

I would recommend cycling the empty firearm 100's of times to allow the parts to mesh. I did so with mine and it's been trouble free in its operation. Because of its smaller stature it can be a handful to operate.. an absolute firm grip is a necessity along with trapping your strong hand thumb under your support hand thumb to negate applying the safety on during recoil. Keep it clean and lubed but not over lubed.

Mine has been a very accurate shooting pistol.. enjoy yours.

·
Registered
16,055 Posts
Welcome to the site from Tennessee!

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Welcome @edthornbrugh .. I'm also a proud owner of a Micro 9 Rapide Black Ice.

I would recommend cycling the empty firearm 100's of times to allow the parts to mesh. I did so with mine and it's been trouble free in its operation. Because of its smaller stature it can be a handful to operate.. an absolute firm grip is a necessity along with trapping your strong hand thumb under your support hand thumb to negate applying the safety on during recoil. Keep it clean and lubed but not over lubed.

Mine has been a very accurate shooting pistol.. enjoy yours.
Great advice. Happy holidayArgee

1 - 11 of 11 Posts