Kimbertalk.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a first time kimber owner. I decided to pick up the Kimber Micro 9 in SS. When I picked it up I did a function check and everything worked fine. Today I pulled it out of the box to check the fit with my new holster and do the first cleaning. The slide will not open. The safety is off. I tried cocking and dropping the magazine. To no avail, it is still stuck forward. Any ideas?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, safety is in down position. I also noticed that if I pull the hammer back, I cannot put the safety on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There was nothing in the chamber at all. As far as were the sights are, the slide is in the standard forward position. The rear sights are lined up with the thumb safety.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
i tried pushing and pulling on everything and cant figure how it would get stuck short of something came loose.or something floating around in there

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
if the trigger is forward and you put the safety on it keeps the trigger from going back past the first click as well as the slide..it will only go back 1/4 inch....if you pull the trigger back and it holds then put the safety on you can rack it back...safety off it all should move....holding the trigger down has no effect

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I cock the hammer I can pull the trigger. It will go full and half cock and the safety seems to work.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
kmbers are stiff when new...if you get it moving run the slide back and forth a 100 times by hand

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The trigger pulls fine and the hammer drops as should. I am concerned with getting the slide to move at all.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
push on the edge of a table leaving room for the rod...it should go back about a 1/4 inch freely before the barrel need to start to come out the front...

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay, so follow up time. Ended up pushing down on the back of the barrel and something clicked. Literally. Everything started working all of a sudden. Disassembled, cleaned, and lubed. Every thing functions. Next is a range test. Hopefully next weekend.

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
Glad to hear you got it unstuck. I was thinking about suggesting that tapping on the barrel that is exposed on the top of the frame might free it up. But I didn't want you to cause any damage. Although you have it free I think there was still something wrong with that gun because it should not have locked up like that. Then again, putting a couple hundred rounds through it might just solve the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this post is old but my brand new (never fired) Micro 9 is doing the identical same thing. I did manage to get it unstuck by pulling the hammer back to the first position but every few cycles it sticks again. Any updates on this from the OP?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts