Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from the N G Mountains , new here but not to the 1911,have a question though.I have a Custom II that has an external extractor and my son has one that is internal which is better?

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
If each run consistently reliable neither is better. Some hate the externals on sentiment. Others based in rumor. And some because theirs failed them. I have not found issue with them. The traditional model internal extractor would be more at resale to the knowledge buyer. Unknown if Kimber is still swapping slides for EE model owners upon complaint.

The EE models came out in 2003 if I recall and were discontinued a few years later due to complaints. Some founded some not.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Welcome to the board.

·
Super Moderator
37,634 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois New Old Man, this is getting to be a popular hangout for old men LOL. As for the extractor question I don't think either one has an advantage over the other. My preference is for the internal but it strictly for the cleaner look, in other words cosmetic reasons.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I live in Cleveland Ga... Beautiful North Georgia :)
Hey, I've spent a lot of time near there. Around Vogel, Neels Gap up to Murphy. Great country, on NON holidays. I own & owned 1911's with both internal & external extractors. Never had a problem. Some purists don't like the looks of the externals.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts