Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, fellow Kimber owners. I own but one Kimber: an Eclipse Custom II. I have had it for a couple months, which has been long enough to run 900 rounds through it so far. I am impressed with Kimber quality and customer service. And that Eclipse is a handsome sweet shooting pistol!

Jim

·
Super Moderator
38,430 Posts
Welcome to the forum from northern Illinois Jim.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Welcome from Colorado! An Eclipse Pro was the Kimber that 1st caught my eye, unfortunately none of the local stores had one in stock. A few weeks into my search a Super Carry Pro HD followed me home.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Welcome to KimberTalk Logo most expensive.JPG

There will be more. You can't help it.

·
Registered
14,043 Posts
Jim, welcome to the site from Tennessee!

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Hey Ya'll!!!

Welcome to the forum from Schofield Barracks,Hawaii!!! (Usually Monroe, Georgia, but I'm hangin' with my grandkids in Hawaii!):D:D

The Eclipse is a great looking pistol. Send us a range report and some pictures!! We love pictures!! Enjoy your Eclipse and be safe!!!:cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Welcome to the Kimber Forum Jim. An Eclipse Custom II is what we here call "a dang good start." Nobody can have just one. That is indeed one of the prettiest Kimbers and we all know and love how they shoot.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you!

Thank you for the warm welcome, folks. My Eclipse is pictured below. It remains entirely "factory". I have found no reason to monkey around with it. I bought it hoping that it would be a "no drama" 1911. So far, that is exactly what it has been. I simply need to become more adept at field stripping, cleaning, and reassembly. It does seem to be a bit more complicated in this regard than my wheel-guns!
Jim

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Thanks for the pic! Makes me wonder why I ended up not getting the Eclipse...

·
Super Moderator
38,430 Posts
That's a beautiful looking gun bldr52, I think the Eclipse is one of the better looking guns Kimber makes. I've seriously considered buying an Ultra Eclipse in the past, I like that it has a stainless frame and is reasonably priced.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Thank you for the warm welcome, folks. My Eclipse is pictured below. It remains entirely "factory". I have found no reason to monkey around with it. I bought it hoping that it would be a "no drama" 1911. So far, that is exactly what it has been. I simply need to become more adept at field stripping, cleaning, and reassembly. It does seem to be a bit more complicated in this regard than my wheel-guns!
Jim

When a gun looks that nice, you tend to want to keep it that way. Others, you may want to dress up a bit. My Royal II will remain "as is" while my Pro Carry II has been fun to customize.

I'm still trying to get the hang of stripping my 5-inch gun. It is harder than the Pro model in my opinion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts