Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey folks, I'm new here. Just purchased a new Micro 9 Rapide Black Ice. Went out to the range to shoot it. Took one shot and FTE - no extraction. Spent shell stayed in the camber. So I had to get something to get the spent shell out. Started looking closer at the extractor and it wasn't long enough to even touch the back of the shell. I decided to try and see if it would even extract an un-spent shell. Nope. No way, no how.

I called customer service and I have to send it back. To me, it looks like the extractor is way too short. Thinking that they maybe put a .380 ACP extractor in there or something. But it's absolutely not the right extractor for this pistol.

Kind of a shame. Was really looking forward to shooting it this weekend.

The one shot I took was right on target though. Might have been about 1/4" off center to the left (this could be me). Felt really good in the hands. Can't wait to get it back.

Not here to bash Kimber because I think it's going to be a really good shooter when I get it back.

Joe

Attachments

·
Administrator
38,881 Posts
Welcome to the forum J_Sarg, how about stopping by our "New Member Introduction" sub forum and introducing yourself to the membership. Tell us something about yourself, your interests, hobbies and where you're located.

Reactions: bad ninja

·
Registered
583 Posts
Hey folks, I'm new here. Just purchased a new Micro 9 Rapide Black Ice. Went out to the range to shoot it. Took one shot and FTE - no extraction. Spent shell stayed in the camber. So I had to get something to get the spent shell out. Started looking closer at the extractor and it wasn't long enough to even touch the back of the shell. I decided to try and see if it would even extract an un-spent shell. Nope. No way, no how.

I called customer service and I have to send it back. To me, it looks like the extractor is way too short. Thinking that they maybe put a .380 ACP extractor in there or something. But it's absolutely not the right extractor for this pistol.

Kind of a shame. Was really looking forward to shooting it this weekend.

The one shot I took was right on target though. Might have been about 1/4" off center to the left (this could be me). Felt really good in the hands. Can't wait to get it back.

Not here to bash Kimber because I think it's going to be a really good shooter when I get it back.

Joe
It appears that your extractor is broken. Here's mine on my Micro 9 Rapide

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
Wow, fired one shot. That's tough luck.

Welcome to the site from Tennessee.

Reactions: bad ninja

·
Registered
583 Posts
If that was a short extractor they surely would have noticed that during test firing. Unless Kimber puts it on their report we'll never know. I'm betting it broke when you loaded the first cartridge.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Welcome from Oregon…
Well they will go over it with a fine tooth comb..
Be nice if they were able to check each and every one but… I think CS is hit n miss everywhere

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
It appears that your extractor is broken. Here's mine on my Micro 9 Rapide
Argee, thank you for the picture. That is what I was hoping.....that someone would post a picture of theirs. It's clearly an extractor issue. Kind of figured that when I couldn't see the extractor at all.

That's great news to hear about the turn around that folks (PaulR) are seeing.

Hopefully it just a swap out the extractor and it's fixed.

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
Truth is Kimber won't just "repair" your extractor, they will inspect and fine tune every part of your Micro.
We are consistently hearing 10 days or a little less as the common turnaround time for warranty service.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, I got the Black Ice back and.........she sure looks pretty. They did a GREAT job at fixing the issue, test firing it and cleaning it. I took it out and shot about 50 rounds through it - not a single issue and she shot great. I think I'm going to really like this little gun. They also replaced the recoil spring and the magazine catch spring.

Yup, she's back and she works like a charm. Going to shot some more rounds through her tonight.

7 days - that's impressive.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Well, I got the Black Ice back and.........she sure looks pretty. They did a GREAT job at fixing the issue, test firing it and cleaning it. I took it out and shot about 50 rounds through it - not a single issue and she shot great. I think I'm going to really like this little gun. They also replaced the recoil spring and the magazine catch spring.

Yup, she's back and she works like a charm. Going to shot some more rounds through her tonight.

7 days - that's impressive.
That's great news! Did they happen to mention what they found? Just curious. My EDC has boiled down to my Micro 9 Rapide and my Shield Plus. I absolutely love them both so at this point I'm giving equal time...so dam hard to choose.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I'm pretty sure your Micro 9 Rapide will fast become a favorite. It's a pleasure to hold and shoot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm pretty sure your Micro 9 Rapide will fast become a favorite. It's a pleasure to hold and shoot.
It is a pleasure to hold and shoot. It just fits my hand. Now I got to hold her tight 'cause she's a little snappy. But I like that. :)

I put another 100 rounds through this little gun and she shoot's like a champ. No issue. When I take my time and do things right, she hits right where I'm aiming.

Now I got to get a holster and extra mags.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts