Kimbertalk.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took a break from my chores today to take my new Remington 870 Tactical to my range to see how it would perform. I ran a magazine of Remington 1Buck Shot (product code 12B1) through the customary NRA Shotgun target at 40 feet. All I can say that I'm impressed with this shotgun...great trigger, smooth action and accuracy that matches some of the trap guns I've seen. It now sets on my quick-access rack next to the outside door I use all the time. I posted a photo for your enjoyment.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
37,292 Posts
Nice shooting, Remington has been making 870's since 1951 it's one of the most dependable guns made today.

·
Registered
7,677 Posts
Congratulations Cybercycle, I'm glad your having better luck with your 870 than I did, mine wouldn't cycle a round after you fired. It went back to Remington 3x and then they refunded my money. I really liked the feel and fit of the 870 and was very disappointed. I still have my 11-87 and love it, it's been 100% reliable.

·
Super Moderator
37,292 Posts
My son's first new gun was a Remington 870 that I bought for him when he passed his Hunter Safety Course at age 11. I also got him a rifled slug barrel for it that he's taken many deer with in the last 25 years.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congratulations Cybercycle, I'm glad your having better luck with your 870 than I did, mine wouldn't cycle a round after you fired. It went back to Remington 3x and then they refunded my money. I really liked the feel and fit of the 870 and was very disappointed. I still have my 11-87 and love it, it's been 100% reliable.
Sorry that you had problems with your 870 and I guess the fact that Remington couldn't fix it is a big let-down. I had been reluctant to buy a new Remington (any model) after Cerberus Capital Management bought them in 2007, but it looks like Remington might be building quality firearms again (your 870 notwithstanding). So, I re-acquired an 870 to replace the one I had years ago. I have also had Models 1100 and 11-87 (Trap) from the "old" Remington Arms and they all performed well, and customer service was always helpful and generous. I hope to have NO need for customer service with my new 870! Suggestion...don't ever sell that 11-87.

·
Registered
7,677 Posts
Sorry that you had problems with your 870 and I guess the fact that Remington couldn't fix it is a big let-down. I had been reluctant to buy a new Remington (any model) after Cerberus Capital Management bought them in 2007, but it looks like Remington might be building quality firearms again (your 870 notwithstanding). So, I re-acquired an 870 to replace the one I had years ago. I have also had Models 1100 and 11-87 (Trap) from the "old" Remington Arms and they all performed well, and customer service was always helpful and generous. I hope to have NO need for customer service with my new 870! Suggestion...don't ever sell that 11-87.
No, I still have my 11-87 and I don't think I'll ever sell it. It still has the original O-Ring, I have spares but never but never needed to use them. My wife has an 11-87 compact which is great for small people, it has a 21" barrel and spacers to adjust LOP. Both have been great, they cycle everything from light target loads to slugs and buckshot. This is the reason I bought the 870, you would think the semi auto would give you problems before a pump. Remington has had there share of quality control issues. Go search 870 or 11-87 jams and there are lots of problems listed. I hope they are correcting their issues because I really like the feel of Remington shotguns, they fit me great. I if the reviews get better and I'm in need of a shotgun I would definitely consider Remington again, their customer service treated me great and I like buying American-made products.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts