Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my new Solo cdp to range today for its first run, shot 70 rounds with out a hitch. shot 50 rounds 124 grain Hornady hollow point and 20 rounds American Eagle FMJ purred like a kitten. Love the feel has a mule kick but would expect that with such a short barrel so much for the pros now the cons after 70 rounds I broke down the gun to clean and found the slide rail had had all the black finish wore off on the first inch or so. I was not a happy camper according to manual Kimber does not guarantee the finish . Spent $1200.00 for the gun I'm not a happy camper. other than that it is a fine weapon. has any one else had this problem

·
Registered
193 Posts
Pictures would help regarding the worn black finish. Mine has worn off some of the finish on the rail where it is not visible when assembled. I think this is pretty common. I have three other semiautos and they also show wear where the frame and slide meet. Believe this is natural.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
not happy with finish

Thanks for the reply Warthogge as you said it does not show when assembled only when slide is locked back. I guess I expected the finish to last more than 70 rounds. I have a Springfield EMP 9MM with over 500 rounds thru it with no sign of finish ware I would expect the same from kimber.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I like Kimber for so many reasons. And hate them for a few. One is KimPro on alloy frames. It sucks. I refuse to own their alloy guns. I wish they o back to the days of old and hard anodize again.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I use Slide Glide synthetic gun grease on all semi auto handgun frame/slide/barrel contact areas. I find synthetic grease cuts down frame wear.

·
Registered
465 Posts
The alloy frames have been good so far, have not heard of any problems. Just watch the cleaning fluids on plastic grips, it could cause removal of finish and color.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Took my new Solo cdp to range today for its first run, shot 70 rounds with out a hitch. shot 50 rounds 124 grain Hornady hollow point and 20 rounds American Eagle FMJ purred like a kitten. Love the feel has a mule kick but would expect that with such a short barrel so much for the pros now the cons after 70 rounds I broke down the gun to clean and found the slide rail had had all the black finish wore off on the first inch or so. I was not a happy camper according to manual Kimber does not guarantee the finish . Spent $1200.00 for the gun I'm not a happy camper. other than that it is a fine weapon. has any one else had this problem
I've noticed some marking from sliding the safety up and down.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts