Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Just got my pro carry II today from my dealer. I bought it on gun broker and during my inspection. Everything looked kind of odd. It was listed as brand new in box. Check these photos out. Let me know if this is what it supposed to look like brand new. The grease looks all dried up. Not sure when it was manufactured no info on the box. Very plain box without any detailed sticker.
new to 1911s as well. This is my second one. First one was a Dan Wesson 10mm cbob. I was very young and inexperienced with the platform and I was not satisfied. Now I’m back and with a Kimber pc2.
Finger Thumb Gesture Nail Engineering

Wood Bicycle part Gadget Rim Auto part

Finger Thumb Gas Bumper Composite material

Hand Finger Thumb Nail Gas

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Hello all,
Just got my pro carry II today from my dealer. I bought it on gun broker and during my inspection. Everything looked kind of odd. It was listed as brand new in box. Check these photos out. Let me know if this is what it supposed to look like brand new. The grease looks all dried up. Not sure when it was manufactured no info on the box. Very plain box without any detailed sticker.
new to 1911s as well. This is my second one. First one was a Dan Wesson 10mm cbob. I was very young and inexperienced with the platform and I was not satisfied. Now I’m back and with a Kimber pc2.
View attachment 131111
View attachment 131112
View attachment 131113
View attachment 131114
No way does that look new. Also there would be a break down tool, owners manual & misc. paper work sometimes a packet of oil. I hope you did not accept transfer

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No way does that look new. Also there would be a owners manual & misc. paper work sometimes a packet of oil. I hope you did not accept transfer
Well… I did. Should I have told my dealer to keep it until I have contacted the seller?
it had everything. Some Kimber ads, oil sample, lock and keys, takedown tool, thank you note from Kimber, a sticker, the serial number tag still on the trigger guard. Could it look like that if it was in storage for 2 years? Can the grease look all dried up with 2 years of storage. Can they consider this NIB if it was 2 years old or should it have been listed new old stock? There is also a Yellow paper with first things to do with firearm from Kimber with their copyright marked as 2020 and Troy, AL
Slide, frame, grips look all good no scratches or marks or dings. No idiot scratch

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Well… I did. Should I have told my dealer to keep it until I have contacted the seller?
it had everything. Some Kimber ads, oil sample, lock and keys, takedown tool, thank you note from Kimber, a sticker, the serial number tag still on the trigger guard. Could it look like that if it was in storage for 2 years? Can the grease look all dried up with 2 years of storage. Can they consider this NIB if it was 2 years old or should it have been listed new old stock? There is also a Yellow paper with first things to do with firearm from Kimber with their copyright marked as 2020 and Troy, AL
Slide, frame, grips look all good no scratches or marks or dings. No idiot scratch
You can always call kimber up give them the serial# & they can tell you date of manufacture. Out of curiosity what was FFL dealers thought when he saw the gun? Give it a good cleaning & lube, including the barrel. take some fresh pics & post them

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can always call kimber up give them the serial# & they can tell you date of manufacture. Out of curiosity what was FFL dealers thought when he saw the gun? Give it a good cleaning & lube, including the barrel. take some fresh pics & post them
He said it looked like old grease and felt it with his finger. He just got into dealing and he is not a 1911 guy. I showed some friends. They said that didn’t look right either. I was very hesitant but I was on my lunch break and I just did the transfer. I wasn’t thinking at all. I didn’t field strip it at the dealers place. Came home and did it. Afterwards, I tested loading a full mag and no issue loading a rounds in the chamber. I’ll clean it up really good, take it all apart extractor and fire pin and mag. The mag had some dried up grease on the follower

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The seller is sportsman’s supply co from butler, pa. They have thousands of a+ reviews. Their google rating is crap. Locals say they don’t care about their in store stuff and they focus on gun broker.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
He said it looked like old grease and felt it with his finger. He just got into dealing and he is not a 1911 guy. I showed some friends. They said that didn’t look right either. I was very hesitant but I was on my lunch break and I just did the transfer. I wasn’t thinking at all. I didn’t field strip it at the dealers place. Came home and did it. Afterwards, I tested loading a full mag and no issue loading a rounds in the chamber. I’ll clean it up really good, take it all apart extractor and fire pin and mag. The mag had some dried up grease on the follower
The good thing is Kimber has a great warranty & about a 8 day or so turn around time. If there are any issues send it to Kimber on their dime & have them address any issues. Wish you the best of luck

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
The seller is sportsman’s supply co from butler, pa. They have thousands of a+ reviews. Their google rating is crap. Locals say they don’t care about their in store stuff and they focus on gun broker.
I’ve seen them advertising on GB. I found better stores on line with better pricing than GB. Plus no tax & free shipping. I did buy my two tone pro carry 9mm on GB about a year ago From someone & was in perfect condition.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The good thing is Kimber has a great warranty & about a 8 day or so turn around time. If there are any issues send it to Kimber on their dime & have them address any issues. Wish you the best of luck
Yeah, that’s all I can hope for. Their manufacturing is in Troy now? I live in TN, this will be a easy transit since it’s one state down. I heard Kimber CS is good to go. My first 1911 I sold about 13 years ago had its fair share of issues but I bought it second hand and no proof of purchase. DW did not want to help me at all and told me that the 10mm cbob had a lot of issues. They discontinued that line anyways. My extractor chipped and I didn’t notice it and when I fired the second round after clearing the jam I messed up the underside of the slide. Nicked it really good. I didnt know how to tune an extractor so I just sold it off instead. Wish I kept it. I was shooting double tap ammo out of it when the extractor broke.

·
Registered
15,470 Posts
I hope he kissed you first CAUSE you got screwed...

That pistol has never been cleaned, lubed or taken care of. I've fired 400 rounds thru one with Magtech ammo and it wasn't even close to being that dirty.

What you should do now is CLEAN it, LUBE it, SHOOT it, check function and consider it a lesson learned. If it don't function correctly call Kimber customer service let them fix it.

Reactions: bad ninja and PaulR

·
Registered
194 Posts
Mike, this all sounds pretty familiar, doesn't it?

I recommend you at least perform the plunk test before you send it back to Kimber. The chamber may need to be finish reamed and the quickest, easiest way to determine this to do the plunk test with whatever ammo you have on hand.

Honestly, I'd run those two at the range function tests as well just in case. That way Kimber can take care of all the problems in one trip rather than having to send it in again if you discover other problems down the road.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts