Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,470 Posts
I hope he kissed you first CAUSE you got screwed...

That pistol has never been cleaned, lubed or taken care of. I've fired 400 rounds thru one with Magtech ammo and it wasn't even close to being that dirty.

What you should do now is CLEAN it, LUBE it, SHOOT it, check function and consider it a lesson learned. If it don't function correctly call Kimber customer service let them fix it.

Reactions: bad ninja and PaulR

·
Registered
15,470 Posts
Contacted thr seller, they will not do anything since I took the transfer. If I didn't, they will take it back but they would charge me a restocking fee. They were sorry to hear it but they said they sometimes see the firearm before they go on auction and they hold them in their warehouse. I sent them pictures but no response back. I doubt they will call me back or do anything for me. Lesson learned. Next time I purchase something online I will ask for real photos. Or just buy local.
Kimber still has my case under review.
I’ve said it before and I guess I will say it again! The OP’s issue and problem and many other members with similar problems could all have avoided the headaches by following one simple rule: INSPECT BEFORE you complete the transfer!!!

·
Registered
15,470 Posts
Anyone had to deal with kimber when they purchased a used firearm? Kimber would have told me if there was any claims on my serial number if it was used right? If someone did repair work at kimber there will be data in their system. I would imagine so. They didn't deny my claim but I was want to know.
You shouldn’t hold it against Kimber for your lack of due diligence prior to signing and completing transfer.
I think Kimber will make it right and work with you on this issue unless they determine upon inspection it was Bubba Smith’d by previous owner.

I may have missed it, are you sending it in for inspection/repairs?

·
Registered
15,470 Posts
Mike, as you can see from my signature I've bought 17 Kimber's with a good percentage being New. None of them had visible grease like in your pictures. Even pistols I bought from several years ago did not have grease they did have a good amount of OIL in the BLUE plastic bag inside the plastic container box. I don't think they ship with grease but I've been wrong before, someone convince me with proof/evidence.

You would not be the first new member to join this forum that had been mislead by a good gun shop. I think the pistol you received had been used as rental and therefore never transferred to a person and Sold as NEW. OR and I THINK THIS is more likely they sold it to a customer he fired the SHIT out of it, needed money, didn't like it or whatever, gun shop took it back without checking condition or didn't care...sold it to you and here we are.

We will never know the true story, we will only know the end results and wait and see how the mothership handles the issue.

·
Registered
15,470 Posts
Maybe Kimber changed bags...YES, I believe even the pistols I bought used had Blue bags and they say KIMBER on them. I'll look for a pic...Master Carry Pro, Raptor Pro, TLE Pro TFS, you get the idea.
Hood Font Office equipment Electric blue Office supplies
Hood Automotive exterior Grille Automotive design Bumper
Air gun Trigger Grey Sleeve Gun barrel

·
Registered
15,470 Posts
Lack of a Blue bag is the least of your problems...

Are you saying they are going to make a decision about what to do about your pistol only from looking at the pictures you sent... I would think they will require you to send it to TROY for evaluation and either warranty repair or tell you what it's going to cost out of pocket for repairs.

I think you should test fire the pistol like Steve said before you do anything and not just hand cycle ammo thru it, hand cycling ammo is not a 100 percent test of function. IMO
I'm watching to see how Kimber handles it.

Reactions: JC45

·
Registered
15,470 Posts
I have bought a bunch of stuff from them on GB... They are pretty well up to snuff on the products they sell. It really looks to me to be the packing grease that has dried up. Give it a good cleaning, take it out and run a few rounds through it. You can call Kimber with the serial number and they will tell you the Mfg. date. If it has been setting in storage for a few years, the grease will dry up. Granted maybe they should have listed it as NOS, but it is not a "used" firearm so they are not required by GB to list it as NOS only as new or used.
The OP has answered your points of concern, post #61 he states pistol was built in 2021…

1 - 7 of 7 Posts