Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Hello all,
Just got my pro carry II today from my dealer. I bought it on gun broker and during my inspection. Everything looked kind of odd. It was listed as brand new in box. Check these photos out. Let me know if this is what it supposed to look like brand new. The grease looks all dried up. Not sure when it was manufactured no info on the box. Very plain box without any detailed sticker.
new to 1911s as well. This is my second one. First one was a Dan Wesson 10mm cbob. I was very young and inexperienced with the platform and I was not satisfied. Now I’m back and with a Kimber pc2.
View attachment 131111
View attachment 131112
View attachment 131113
View attachment 131114
No way does that look new. Also there would be a break down tool, owners manual & misc. paper work sometimes a packet of oil. I hope you did not accept transfer

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Well… I did. Should I have told my dealer to keep it until I have contacted the seller?
it had everything. Some Kimber ads, oil sample, lock and keys, takedown tool, thank you note from Kimber, a sticker, the serial number tag still on the trigger guard. Could it look like that if it was in storage for 2 years? Can the grease look all dried up with 2 years of storage. Can they consider this NIB if it was 2 years old or should it have been listed new old stock? There is also a Yellow paper with first things to do with firearm from Kimber with their copyright marked as 2020 and Troy, AL
Slide, frame, grips look all good no scratches or marks or dings. No idiot scratch
You can always call kimber up give them the serial# & they can tell you date of manufacture. Out of curiosity what was FFL dealers thought when he saw the gun? Give it a good cleaning & lube, including the barrel. take some fresh pics & post them

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
He said it looked like old grease and felt it with his finger. He just got into dealing and he is not a 1911 guy. I showed some friends. They said that didn’t look right either. I was very hesitant but I was on my lunch break and I just did the transfer. I wasn’t thinking at all. I didn’t field strip it at the dealers place. Came home and did it. Afterwards, I tested loading a full mag and no issue loading a rounds in the chamber. I’ll clean it up really good, take it all apart extractor and fire pin and mag. The mag had some dried up grease on the follower
The good thing is Kimber has a great warranty & about a 8 day or so turn around time. If there are any issues send it to Kimber on their dime & have them address any issues. Wish you the best of luck

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
The seller is sportsman’s supply co from butler, pa. They have thousands of a+ reviews. Their google rating is crap. Locals say they don’t care about their in store stuff and they focus on gun broker.
I’ve seen them advertising on GB. I found better stores on line with better pricing than GB. Plus no tax & free shipping. I did buy my two tone pro carry 9mm on GB about a year ago From someone & was in perfect condition.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Its a no brainer I sent 3 guns back for miscellaneous issues all came back like in new conditioning perfect working order. I’m in Florida also real close to Al.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I feel like crap right now. I’m never buying from them again. Sportsman’s supply co from butler pa got me good
I bought 5 Kimber’s in the last year & a half not one looked like what u bought. Everyone was flawless looking in & out. That feed ramp looks terrible, definitely send it back to Kimber

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Kimber answered my email. They told me to give them a call. My firearm was made in 2021. They sent the picture to one of their technicians. They said they will call me back but no call back yet. I'll call the seller tomorrow if they don't answer my message from GB.
Just call Kimber up ask for a RMA let them tweak the gun. It will be back in a week or so & you will be satisfied. Save the drama for your mama

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Yeah, I showed them the picture and they said it just looks dirty. I had to send them a close up of the feed ramp. They now requested my information this afternoon. No rma yet. 4 days to get an answer and their answer was to clean it. That feed ramp is corroded.
Thr seller actually called me back after they seen the photos. The owner said he called his kimber rep and told them to get with customer service and contact me. Which I already did earlier in the week.
At least they are trying to help me out after the transfer and not leave he hanging.
Just tell kimber you shot a few hundred rounds thru it is FTF , FTE, not cycling properly . Please send me an RMA I don’t feel safe using this firearm. They will take care of the issues, when you get it back it will look factory fresh. Be nice the reps are great they never gave me any problems . Kimber stands behind their guns.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
View attachment 131199 close up after I cleaned with clp and nylon brush. Left it to soak for 5 mins in clp before brushing too. Didn't budge. I'm being nice to customer service. I called once and emailed through the rest.
Quit jerking around that feed ramp looks like shit. Send it back to Kimber. Do you have a problem sending it? Everybody is giving you great advice but for some reason you are adamant about sending it back. Your story is getting old.don’t wait for kimber to call you u call them & get an RMA #. Put this issue in the rear view mirror

1 - 14 of 14 Posts