Kimber Talk Forums banner
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Contacted thr seller, they will not do anything since I took the transfer. If I didn't, they will take it back but they would charge me a restocking fee. They were sorry to hear it but they said they sometimes see the firearm before they go on auction and they hold them in their warehouse. I sent them pictures but no response back. I doubt they will call me back or do anything for me. Lesson learned. Next time I purchase something online I will ask for real photos. Or just buy local.
Kimber still has my case under review.

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Contacted thr seller, they will not do anything since I took the transfer. If I didn't, they will take it back but they would charge me a restocking fee. They were sorry to hear it but they said they sometimes see the firearm before they go on auction and they hold them in their warehouse. I sent them pictures but no response back. I doubt they will call me back or do anything for me. Lesson learned. Next time I purchase something online I will ask for real photos. Or just buy local.
Noted. They should have offered something to you. Even if they can't take the pistol back.

Kimber will do a first-rate job. Their turnaround is pretty quick compared to industry norms.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
...clean thoroughly, shoot 100 rounds thru it, find all FTF/FTE issues, call Kimber, show them the pics and tell them the issues, (be nice), get the RMA and send it back to Kimber and let them fix i

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
...clean thoroughly, shoot 100 rounds thru it, find all FTF/FTE issues, call Kimber, show them the pics and tell them the issues, (be nice), get the RMA and send it back to Kimber and let them fix i
Yeah, I think Steve on here has suggested the same thing. I have fed a couple mags through it to test if it had any issues with the corroded feed ramp. No issues feeding ball ammo. I wasn’t sure if I should shoot it yet since I have already contacted Kimber and they know about the feed ramp now. I need more mags. Only have the 1 factory mag. Any suggestions on mags best for the price. Kimpro tac mags good?
Only hollow points I have are the hst 230gr. +p ammo and I don’t think I should run those through there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Send it to Kimber before you do anything to it. The dealer should at least do that for you if possible.
I think I have to get a FFL dealer to ship my firearm anyways, right? The dealer I chose is new to the game and he didn’t really say much when I showed him other than take it home and clean it and see what it looks like and call the seller but I knew if I took it, the seller would say it’s on me now. If I didn’t take it and gave it back. The seller will charge me a restock fee and i think it’s 20 or 25 percent and I would hate to lose on money especially if it is new and under warranty. Kimber should fix it up for me.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
I think I have to get a FFL dealer to ship my firearm anyways, right? The dealer I chose is new to the game and he didn’t really say much when I showed him other than take it home and clean it and see what it looks like and call the seller but I knew if I took it, the seller would say it’s on me now. If I didn’t take it and gave it back. The seller will charge me a restock fee and i think it’s 20 or 25 percent and I would hate to lose on money especially if it is new and under warranty. Kimber should fix it up for me.
Kimber will send a RMA and a shipping label. Over here in PA FedEx will pick up a gun at your house and you can drop off a gun at a UPS hub. I don’t know if it’s the same everywhere.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Kimber will send a RMA and a shipping label. Over here in PA FedEx will pick up a gun at your house and you can drop off a gun at a UPS hub. I don’t know if it’s the same everywhere.
That's the same way I do it with UPS. The nearest Fed Ex or UPS is +30 miles away so I set up an RMA to have them come right to the house to pick it up.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
WoW! That really sucks. I hope you let them know that you'll be sharing your experience with various internet groups that buy off GB.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
WoW! That really sucks. I hope you let them know that you'll be sharing your experience with various internet groups that buy off GB.
Anyone had to deal with kimber when they purchased a used firearm? Kimber would have told me if there was any claims on my serial number if it was used right? If someone did repair work at kimber there will be data in their system. I would imagine so. They didn't deny my claim but I was want to know.

·
Administrator
40,992 Posts
I had a friend that bought a well-used Kimber a couple of years back that was giving him problems from day one. He sent the gun to Kimber on his dime, asking for repairs to be made. When he got the gun back it was repaired and refinished, other than shipping there was no charge.

Reactions: DungFu and 2sharp2

·
Registered
15,470 Posts
I’ve said it before and I guess I will say it again! The OP’s issue and problem and many other members with similar problems could all have avoided the headaches by following one simple rule: INSPECT BEFORE you complete the transfer!!!

·
Registered
15,470 Posts
Anyone had to deal with kimber when they purchased a used firearm? Kimber would have told me if there was any claims on my serial number if it was used right? If someone did repair work at kimber there will be data in their system. I would imagine so. They didn't deny my claim but I was want to know.
You shouldn’t hold it against Kimber for your lack of due diligence prior to signing and completing transfer.
I think Kimber will make it right and work with you on this issue unless they determine upon inspection it was Bubba Smith’d by previous owner.

I may have missed it, are you sending it in for inspection/repairs?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Yeah, well. The gun shop labeled it as new in box. They have a good reputation. Why would they sell me a gun with corrosion on the frame. I may have put too much trust in them. Yes, I did inspect but I thought it was residue from firing test rounds. The only issue I see after cleaning is the feed ramp. Everything else is clean. No dings, scratches, marks of any kind. Not sure how kimber ships their 1911s but there was grease as the lube. If they factory lubed it with grease then that was still on thr firearm when I got it.
Kimber is still reviewing it. It's been a couple days now. Does it usually take this long for them to Make a decision?
If I ever buy a gun online again. I'll ask for pictures next time. Or I will just buy local. I'm not mad anymore. I just want a gun to be right. I have accepted my mistake and hope that kimber will fix me up.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Kimber answered my email. They told me to give them a call. My firearm was made in 2021. They sent the picture to one of their technicians. They said they will call me back but no call back yet. I'll call the seller tomorrow if they don't answer my message from GB.
Just call Kimber up ask for a RMA let them tweak the gun. It will be back in a week or so & you will be satisfied. Save the drama for your mama

·
Registered
15,470 Posts
Mike, as you can see from my signature I've bought 17 Kimber's with a good percentage being New. None of them had visible grease like in your pictures. Even pistols I bought from several years ago did not have grease they did have a good amount of OIL in the BLUE plastic bag inside the plastic container box. I don't think they ship with grease but I've been wrong before, someone convince me with proof/evidence.

You would not be the first new member to join this forum that had been mislead by a good gun shop. I think the pistol you received had been used as rental and therefore never transferred to a person and Sold as NEW. OR and I THINK THIS is more likely they sold it to a customer he fired the SHIT out of it, needed money, didn't like it or whatever, gun shop took it back without checking condition or didn't care...sold it to you and here we are.

We will never know the true story, we will only know the end results and wait and see how the mothership handles the issue.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
This one had a clear plastic bag... this seems suspicious now you mention blue. You have owned 17 of them and they all came in blue bags. This one was clear and there was no oil on the bag at all. Man, I may have gotten duped. Well, it is what it is now. Hope everything is good to go with the rma. I hope I can get it resolved.

·
Registered
15,470 Posts
Maybe Kimber changed bags...YES, I believe even the pistols I bought used had Blue bags and they say KIMBER on them. I'll look for a pic...Master Carry Pro, Raptor Pro, TLE Pro TFS, you get the idea.
Hood Font Office equipment Electric blue Office supplies
Hood Automotive exterior Grille Automotive design Bumper
Air gun Trigger Grey Sleeve Gun barrel

41 - 60 of 81 Posts