Kimber Talk Forums banner
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Damn.... I don't have a blue bag and there is no writing on it. It's a 2021 made gun.
I'm feeling like this could be a used gun after what you are saying. How they get the serial number tag off and back on. It looks like it's never been ripped off. Or the person who put grease and shot the crap out of it left it on there and never wanted to keep it in tbe first place.

·
Registered
15,470 Posts
Lack of a Blue bag is the least of your problems...

Are you saying they are going to make a decision about what to do about your pistol only from looking at the pictures you sent... I would think they will require you to send it to TROY for evaluation and either warranty repair or tell you what it's going to cost out of pocket for repairs.

I think you should test fire the pistol like Steve said before you do anything and not just hand cycle ammo thru it, hand cycling ammo is not a 100 percent test of function. IMO
I'm watching to see how Kimber handles it.

Reactions: JC45

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Lack of a Blue bag is the least of your problems...

Are you saying they are going to make a decision about what to do about your pistol only from looking at the pictures you sent... I would think they will require you to send it to TROY for evaluation and either warranty repair or tell you what it's going to cost out of pocket for repairs.

I think you should test fire the pistol like Steve said before you do anything and not just hand cycle ammo thru it, hand cycling ammo is not a 100 percent test of function. IMO
I'm watching to see how Kimber handles it.
Yeah, I'll keep y'all informed. I'm not going to be able to shoot it this week.

·
Administrator
40,992 Posts
All of my Kimbers have come in Blue bags with "Kimber" printed on them. It is possible your gun was removed from the original bag and put on display in a gun shop. After not selling, it was placed back in another bag and put back in stock. Your gun could very well be NIB, just seen a little neglect.

Reactions: 2sharp2

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello all,
Just got my pro carry II today from my dealer. I bought it on gun broker and during my inspection. Everything looked kind of odd. It was listed as brand new in box. Check these photos out. Let me know if this is what it supposed to look like brand new. The grease looks all dried up. Not sure when it was manufactured no info on the box. Very plain box without any detailed sticker.
new to 1911s as well. This is my second one. First one was a Dan Wesson 10mm cbob. I was very young and inexperienced with the platform and I was not satisfied. Now I’m back and with a Kimber pc2.
View attachment 131111
View attachment 131112
View attachment 131113
View attachment 131114
Look in the bottom of the box Kimber stamps date of manufacture in the bottom of there box

·
Registered
8 Posts
View attachment 131116
Ok cleaned it and lubed it. The feed ramp is jacked up! I’m going to call Kimber tomorrow to see if they can polish it up. It looks shallow anyways, right?
Definitely send it to Kimber with an explanation of what happened. They will definitely take care of you. I returned a Micro 9 for light primer strikes issue. They corrected the problem and polished the feed ramp without me asking...got it back pretty quick, but I'm also in Alabama.

I don't think I would drop the hammer on a round until they check it out first. Just my opinion. Good luck 👍

·
Registered
6 Posts
Definitely send it to Kimber with an explanation of what happened. They will definitely take care of you. I returned a Micro 9 for light primer strikes issue. They corrected the problem and polished the feed ramp without me asking...got it back pretty quick, but I'm also in Alabama.

I don't think I would drop the hammer on a round until they check it out first. Just my opinion. Good luck 👍
Agree. I does not take a gun expert to see that this is a used gun. Ray Charles could see that.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mike, All you can do is speculate on the status of the gun. New, NOS, Flood ... until you talk to kimber and even then you may not find out what the real story is. The gun is yours now. I would get the feed ramp as good as you can and take it to the range and shoot it. I would get a few hundred rounds thiourgh it ( I think 500 is what Kimber views as break in) and see what issues if any the gun has. If the feed ramp still botheres you at that point have Kimber deal with it and any other issues you come accross. I love my Pro carry and even after all of the crap concerning the transaction you might have a good gun and end up really liking it. I have had a few less than ideal trasactions but in the end if the gun ends up in good shape the bad trasnaction will be nothing but a footnote.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
I'm going to wait until kimber contacts me back and I'll tall to them about breaking in with the feed ramp like it is. No word yet. It's been 3 days now. Sportsman's supply Co. Contacted me back and they said they have a rep with kimber and they will contact them too. They don't understand how the gun looks like that. They say it is new in box. With my email to them, they thought I was being disrespectful to him and his company.
I think they read it like I am blaming them for knowingly sending me a "used" gun. But really all I was saying is what can they do to help me out since I did accept the transfer.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Call Kimber ask for an RMA and send it to them.
Yeah, I showed them the picture and they said it just looks dirty. I had to send them a close up of the feed ramp. They now requested my information this afternoon. No rma yet. 4 days to get an answer and their answer was to clean it. That feed ramp is corroded.
Thr seller actually called me back after they seen the photos. The owner said he called his kimber rep and told them to get with customer service and contact me. Which I already did earlier in the week.
At least they are trying to help me out after the transfer and not leave he hanging.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Yeah, I showed them the picture and they said it just looks dirty. I had to send them a close up of the feed ramp. They now requested my information this afternoon. No rma yet. 4 days to get an answer and their answer was to clean it. That feed ramp is corroded.
Thr seller actually called me back after they seen the photos. The owner said he called his kimber rep and told them to get with customer service and contact me. Which I already did earlier in the week.
At least they are trying to help me out after the transfer and not leave he hanging.
Just tell kimber you shot a few hundred rounds thru it is FTF , FTE, not cycling properly . Please send me an RMA I don’t feel safe using this firearm. They will take care of the issues, when you get it back it will look factory fresh. Be nice the reps are great they never gave me any problems . Kimber stands behind their guns.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Automotive tire White Light Black Bumper
close up after I cleaned with clp and nylon brush. Left it to soak for 5 mins in clp before brushing too. Didn't budge. I'm being nice to customer service. I called once and emailed through the rest.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The seller is sportsman’s supply co from butler, pa. They have thousands of a+ reviews. Their google rating is crap. Locals say they don’t care about their in store stuff and they focus on gun broker.
I have bought a bunch of stuff from them on GB... They are pretty well up to snuff on the products they sell. It really looks to me to be the packing grease that has dried up. Give it a good cleaning, take it out and run a few rounds through it. You can call Kimber with the serial number and they will tell you the Mfg. date. If it has been setting in storage for a few years, the grease will dry up. Granted maybe they should have listed it as NOS, but it is not a "used" firearm so they are not required by GB to list it as NOS only as new or used.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
View attachment 131199 close up after I cleaned with clp and nylon brush. Left it to soak for 5 mins in clp before brushing too. Didn't budge. I'm being nice to customer service. I called once and emailed through the rest.
Quit jerking around that feed ramp looks like shit. Send it back to Kimber. Do you have a problem sending it? Everybody is giving you great advice but for some reason you are adamant about sending it back. Your story is getting old.don’t wait for kimber to call you u call them & get an RMA #. Put this issue in the rear view mirror

·
Registered
15,470 Posts
I have bought a bunch of stuff from them on GB... They are pretty well up to snuff on the products they sell. It really looks to me to be the packing grease that has dried up. Give it a good cleaning, take it out and run a few rounds through it. You can call Kimber with the serial number and they will tell you the Mfg. date. If it has been setting in storage for a few years, the grease will dry up. Granted maybe they should have listed it as NOS, but it is not a "used" firearm so they are not required by GB to list it as NOS only as new or used.
The OP has answered your points of concern, post #61 he states pistol was built in 2021…

·
Registered
860 Posts
Quit jerking around that feed ramp looks like shit. Send it back to Kimber. Do you have a problem sending it? Everybody is giving you great advice but for some reason you are adamant about sending it back. Your story is getting old.don’t wait for kimber to call you u call them & get an RMA #. Put this issue in the rear view mirror
Yeah, worst looking ramp I’ve seen!

61 - 80 of 81 Posts