Kimbertalk.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, My name is Tim and I'm hooked on shooting! I got away from it for a number of years due to family and work obligations, but am trying to get back into the swing of things. I have always liked shooting pistols and shotguns, but my real love are the rifles.
I've never been able to afford a Kimber (pistol or rifle) but one of my nephews has been hunting out in Oregon up in the mountains and got his hands on a Kimber rifle in 338WM. I'm not sure of the model, but I do know he swears by it. I live here in SW Florida, where the only elk are on game farms where there is no actual real hunting involved, just shooting, which to me, holds no interest. Here we have smaller Florida whitetail deer and pigs. Lots of pigs. Many small, but some really big boars sometimes, but I still don't need a 338 like my nephew. I do have a 300 Win Mag, but would only need it here if I was sure to find some of the larger boars. With the cutters they have, I suppose they can be considered dangerous game, lol.
I've been a fan of the 6.5 calibers for a long time now (since the 60s) and just ordered a Kimber Hunter in 6.5 Creedmoor. Most people don't realize (or want to admit it) but the 6.5s when paired with proper bullets will take any game in North America that walks on 4 legs, short of the great bears, although from a safe distance, will also put them down handily. I'm thrilled to be able to finally get Kimber quality and accuracy at an affordable price! Yes, there are many other very accurate rifles out there that can be bought for half this price, and they will do just fine for hunting. But, to get one in stainless with this fit, finish and overall quality for not much more? It's well worth it to me.
Anyway, I'm new here and on Friday, I hope my new Kimber arrives at my FFL dealer so I can also be considered a Kimber owner!

·
Registered
13,522 Posts
Welcome to the site from Tennessee. Congrats on your Kimber rifle. I don't own a Kimber rifle yet, I have been shopping and have picked out a couple models I like.

You don't have to own a Kimber to join in our passion.

Reactions: Chuck43

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the hearty welcome. I hear there's some great hunting up there in Tennessee. Woen here in Florida it has gotten more and more difficult, as everything is privately owned. There are State Management areas here, but they tend to be pretty crowded and at times a bit dangerous anymore. Too many itchy people with fingers on a trigger for my tastes.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Welcome from Northeast, Pa.
I hope your new Kimber rifle meets all your expectations. I love the look but I don't own one.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois. Looking forward to pictures when you get the new rifle all fitted out.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Welcome to KT

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Welcome Timc from Southern California! Hope you post some Pics of your new Kimber 6.5! You might consider a Kimber 1911 in 10 mm for the boar hunting also. You can never have to many Kimbers!

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Hey Ya'll!!!

Welcome to Kimber Talk from Monroe, Georgia!!!

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Welcome from Southern Ca.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts