Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I'm new to forum. Have had an interest in handguns, rifles, shotguns since I was a kid. Started out hunting ducks when I was about 15 with some friends. No one in my family hunted but I had a friend who's whole family hunted - brothers, dad and sister. My dad agree to buy me a shotgun - 870 Wingmaster - and the rest is history.

I'm from Southeastern Minnesota. Did a little time in the Infantry - National Guard - hence the name.

I have owned several weapons over the years. Still on the search for the ultimate carry weapon. This is what lead me to the Kimber Black Ice. I have one other Kimber - a 45 ACP TLE I. Great shooting little gun. Just not sure 45 ACP is what I want to carry every day. Maybe though. The decision hasn't been made yet. That's the fun of this game.....you don't have to decide.....you can have both. :)

Thank you to the folks that have already given me a warm welcome.

·
Registered
14,434 Posts
@J Sarg, welcome to the site from Tennessee. Your in the major demographic around here. You probably don't want to listen to me...I've been labeled a "enabler!" Your on your way to major Kimber ownership. Repeat after me "buy both!"

Reactions: Oklahomabound

·
Administrator
39,134 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Dimondale, Mi. J_Sarg.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Welcome to the forum from New Mexico, did 3 years in the Infantry then did 20 in the Air Force. All were active duty.

·
Registered
8,374 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northeast Pa.

I’ll make a recommendation for carry. Something in the Ultra lineup. They come in both 9 and 45. I have the Ultra TLE II 45. I love it.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hey folks, I'm new to forum. Have had an interest in handguns, rifles, shotguns since I was a kid. Started out hunting ducks when I was about 15 with some friends. No one in my family hunted but I had a friend who's whole family hunted - brothers, dad and sister. My dad agree to buy me a shotgun - 870 Wingmaster - and the rest is history.

I'm from Southeastern Minnesota. Did a little time in the Infantry - National Guard - hence the name.

I have owned several weapons over the years. Still on the search for the ultimate carry weapon. This is what lead me to the Kimber Black Ice. I have one other Kimber - a 45 ACP TLE I. Great shooting little gun. Just not sure 45 ACP is what I want to carry every day. Maybe though. The decision hasn't been made yet. That's the fun of this game.....you don't have to decide.....you can have both. :)

Welcome J_Sarg! I'll have to go along with what the enabler @2sharp2 said...get them both. I have a Micro 9 Rapide that has become my current EDC... it's compact, agile and a great shooter and I recommend it highly. But then again.. I see an Ultra in my future too. Anyway...welcome and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois. I suspect there are very few folks here that have "just 1"

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
...welcome to the forum from north Alabama just shy of the Tennessee line...

·
Registered
538 Posts

Welcome from Northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you everyone. Looks like a found a great group of folks. Can't wait to get the Micro 9 back. A little shaky start so it's going to have to "step up" to remain in the line up. :)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Thank you everyone. Looks like a found a great group of folks. Can't wait to get the Micro 9 back. A little shaky start so it's going to have to "step up" to remain in the line up. :)
I'm going to predict that not only will it "step up", but it will quickly become a favorite.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new to the Forum but do have a Kimber custom II TLE without a rail in 45 ACP.
The story behind my gun is that I bought years ago and kept it for a while. It shot
very well. I sold it to a friend a while back. He told me I would see the gun again.
Well I got the gun back today. It will NEVER go away again. Here is a picture of it
Hood Grey Wood Gas Pattern

·
Registered
14,434 Posts
@cjsolar9 welcome to the site from Tennessee.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts