Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If Biden gets his way..and puts a $200 NFA Tax on on ARs, Its that a one time tax ? Or is it every year ?

·
Registered
13,876 Posts
I would guess and assume it would be like the current rule of buying a suppressor. A $200 Tax Stamp for EVERY suppressor you purchase. So $200 tax stamp for every AR you purchase?
We was close to getting suppressors removed from the NFA list but probably not anymore with new admin.

Reactions: Lisa93

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would guess and assume it would be like the current rule of buying a suppressor. A $200 Tax Stamp for EVERY suppressor you purchase. So $200 tax stamp for every AR you purchase?
We was close to getting suppressors removed from the NFA list but probably not anymore with new admin.
So it would be a one time thing..at the time of purchase ? And not on the ones people already own ?

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Only AR pistols with a brace. They say their SBR’s. That’s going straight to the Court as soon as they decide to invoke that rule. And it’s a rule, just like the bump stock rule. It isn’t law and the court shot down the bump stock rule.
In other words they can’t change their mind on what the law is once they’ve decided the rules. Braces have been legal for 8 years. Set precedent.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,876 Posts
So it would be a one time thing..at the time of purchase ? And not on the ones people already own ?
Yes...one time at time of purchase. It would be impossible to retro and tax all AR's that are already owned.
I have two suppressors in Tax Stamp Jail right now, bought and paid for since December 4, 2020, two hundred per item. My $400 check was deposited by NFA within 3 weeks of mailing but sitting at 7 months 2 weeks and still no Tax Stamp. The last I bought took almost 11 months. Point is, the system to issue Tax Stamps is overwhelmed already. Adding waiting for a tax stamp for every AR sold, seller having to keep, store and safe guard all those rifles until stamps are issued would be the biggest cluster F* ever!
I'm hoping/praying things like this is squashed early in the process.

Reactions: Lisa93

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
The object is to disarm you.

Bidens ATF argues that braces make the AR pistol more stable and controlable, thus they should be deemed illegal without an NFA tax stamp....
This is says an uncontrolable firearm is more safe than a controled one.
This would create millions of felons out of lawful Americans with the stroke of a pen.
This clear infringment is unconstitutional.
It will be ignored wholesale.
ZERO people will pay $200 tax stamp for a brace.
It might destroy a $100 million dollar a year sub industry.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
I believe the ship has sailed as far as any "taxes"on firearms go for this year? Barring some kind of "event" that would force a number of GOP Senators to support it the votes aren't there. Now next year the process of reconciliation may be an option? If I understand it correctly a simple majority in the Senate would be enough to pass legislation as long as revenue to offset budget spending were to be collected. The previous Biden plans involved most rifles and the taxes/fees were yearly. My presumption was they were coming in big expecting to compromise probably on sporting rifles and such? The SCOTUS will undoubtedly be involved in how several 2A issues are interpreted in the next few years.
Buckle up...

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I believe the ship has sailed as far as any "taxes"on firearms go for this year? Barring some kind of "event" that would force a number of GOP Senators to support it the votes aren't there. Now next year the process of reconciliation may be an option? If I understand it correctly a simple majority in the Senate would be enough to pass legislation as long as revenue to offset budget spending were to be collected. The previous Biden plans involved most rifles and the taxes/fees were yearly. My presumption was they were coming in big expecting to compromise probably on sporting rifles and such? The SCOTUS will undoubtedly be involved in how several 2A issues are interpreted in the next few years.
Buckle up...

They aren't taxing firearms.
They want to change the definition of SBR to include every AR pistol and classify them under the NFA which already requires a $200 tax stamp.

Their proposed definition change will make every AR15 pistol an NFA item.

Pay up, or become an instant felon for possessing the gun you bought legally.

It's more unconstitutional bullshit.

Watch how the NRA doesnt do shit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts