Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was shooting my ultra carry today and while I was shooting the front sight came off and now I need a new sight so I figured I might as well replace the back one to and just go with nite sights I don’t know much about nite sights what the best bang for your buck

·
Registered
821 Posts
I just upgraded to night sights on my Pro Carry. Like you I had never purchased night sights and didn't know a lot about them. After a lot of looking I ended up with these and am very happy with them, but there are a lot of good ones out there.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TruGlo-Brite-Site-Tritium-Pro-Handgun-Series-Front-Rear-Pistol-Night-Set-Sights/264036779694?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=563573868991&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

One thing that helped me, was finding night sights with contrast between the front and rear sight. My Pro Carry came with a nice 3 dot set up but all 3 dots were the same, I found I had more difficulty picking up the front sight over those on other weapons I had that had some contrast between them.

If I could have found a good set with a front sight with an orange ring I'd have bought them, but I could not find any I liked that fit Kimber.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I installed the TruGlow Pro with the orange front sight on my Ultra and love them. Some say they are a bit bulky but when I raise the gun up that bright orange glow is right where it needs to be.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
All my Kimber 1911's wear Meprolite night sights, my Colt wears Trijicon.

If I had to choose between the two brands, I'd be hard pressed to decide, as both are perfect in dim light.

My old Pro CDP .45 though is really fading after 19 years. Not bad considering these radioactive isotopes of hydrogen (Trititum) have a half-life of 12 years.

A call to the Mothership will probably yield a new set of Meprolights I'm hoping.......

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I love my Meprolite night sights! Good stuff!

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Have fallen in love with the Big Dot night sights (Yes they make them for the 1911 too) have them on two Snubby revolvers and my G26. My Kimbers all have Mepros on them now, but when they go bad it will be big dots on them. Fastest sight I have ever used (not a fine bullseye sight but good there too) from the holster. They will shave time off getting on target and getting that first shot off.
Just another good choice in night sights. I swear by them for combat sights their the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.