Kimber Talk Forums banner

Noob from California

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Chuck43 
#1 ·
Hi all. Just a quick intro. I'm not new to the shooting world but have recently been quite active. It all started when I picked up an SA 1911 loaded 9mm. Then it all went crazy. Sig, S&W, Kahr, Browning, and Savage. I think you know what I mean. Recent entries to the stable are a Pro Carry II and an Eclipse II. They both have ~200 rounds through them and have had nary a problem. Love them both, but I still have a soft spot for that loaded Springer. I just switch between them....A LOT! Starting to get into reloading as these critters have a voracious appetite. Happy shooting...Bob

#5 ·
It's getting better, the prices are still a little high but there's ammo on the shelves and the limits are coming off. Last trip to Cabela's I picked up 6 boxes of Speer Lawman .45 for $24.00 a box.

.22 LR is another story, it's impossible to find, I haven't been able to find it in any of our local stores this year. My son and his family gave me a Kimber .22 conversion kit for my Super Carry Pro back in May for my 70th birthday and I have not been able to find any ammo to try it.

#7 ·
Yes the 22LR is about like finding hen's teeth around here. Went to a gun show over the weekend and only one person had any for sale. And he wanted $90 for 500. I just walked away shaking my head. I used to pay $8-10 before the big gun control push. I'll just sit on what I have for now till the prices drop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.