Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really disliking these new "sponsored posts" that look like a forum post, but are really click bait that take you to another website.

It shouldn't take long to learn to see these ahead of time so I can avoid them altogether.

·
Super Moderator
38,021 Posts
What ads are you talking about Rob, the only one I've seen today was posted by apps47inc in the Venders/Gun.Deals forum at 6:09 AM.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Huh, that's weird. I've never seen those here. Could be because I never actually go into the individual forum topic lists though. My KT bookmark is my subscriptions page, and after I look at all the replies in there I go to the "New Posts" tab which is more of a site aggregator. It seems like they should have still been in there as a new topic, but maybe not.

·
Registered
671 Posts
FWIW - they pop up every time I open up several of the topics. Happens on other forums, too. I know they are just targeted marketing traps (click bait) from the cloud, so I ignore them.

·
Super Moderator
38,021 Posts
I'm not getting any of that stuff, could it be your browser? I'm running Windows 10, Firefox 78.0.1, Adblock Plus and uBlock Origin.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
What ads are you talking about Rob, the only one I've seen today was posted by apps47inc in the Venders/Gun.Deals forum at 6:09 AM.
Depends on how you view the forum. I typically use 'Active Topics'. The only thread-ads showing are Apps47. But if you click on a particular Forum section you'll see other thread-ads in the Sticky area. Say for example you click on the Solo section. You'll see thread-ads for vids and books like History Of The Worst Guns Ever Made and Gunsmith Nightmares.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Sounds like I might be right then.

·
Super Moderator
38,021 Posts
Depends on how you view the forum. I typically use 'Active Topics'. The only thread-ads showing are Apps47. But if you click on a particular Forum section you'll see other thread-ads in the Sticky area. Say for example you click on the Solo section. You'll see thread-ads for vids and books like History Of The Worst Guns Ever Made and Gunsmith Nightmares.
Normally I use both the New Posts and Active Topics buttons and I don't see the thread ads. I also tried clicking on a particular forum section as you suggested and still nothing. I have to think it's the ad blocking software in Firefox that's doing it.

·
Administrator
190 Posts
The plan is for these ad types to become more site specific. Currently, it's just generic ads that are being served up, but hopefully in the future it will be better

kevin

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Well, I'm not seeing them, so whatever I'm doing seems to be working.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts