Kimbertalk.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son just called me. He wanted to buy a Micro 9 in California. The Guy behind the counter told him they can't be sold in California. Anybody know why? Is it a safety issue? Is it because Micro 9's don't pass their drop test? What, besides California just SUCKS?

·
Registered
572 Posts
They probably haven't tested that model yet.
Here's a link to the list.
Alot of Kimbers on there but not the micro 9.
http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

And yes, California's gun infringments suck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm... It took me about one minute of searching to find one for sale just a few miles from here. What made your kid think YOU could get one for him?
He doesn't want me to get one for him. He lives in California and I don't. He wanted one because that's what I have. His brother that also lives in California carries an Ultra Carry II. That's probably what he will go with as well.

I was just curious why the Micro 9 isn't sold in Calif.

·
Registered
13,542 Posts
...tell the son in California to go get a Kimber Ultra 9mm, any model that he can find... ...he won't be sorry...
I second the ultra.. also less problems
1,000% agree. Kimber offers a lot of Ultra's in 9mm. Much better choice IMO than the Micro9 and really not that much of a size difference.

Reactions: Rick in Oregon

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Better yet, tell him to get out of California.
Is moving an authorized activity in the state of California?

On the ca.gov Nazi website last updated Jan 15: All individuals living in the State of California are currently ordered to stay home or at their place of residence, except for permitted work, local shopping or other permitted errands, or as otherwise authorized

1 - 13 of 13 Posts