Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Not to say anything negative here but you know you can unload a micro nine with the safety on the slide will still retract. Also couldn’t have been JUST the safety itself, you are looking at TWO failures not just the safety. The firing pin safety will not release the firing pin unless the trigger is depressed. Pull the slide off and push on the firing pin, it shouldn’t push through until you push up on the pin safety. If you depressed the safety as stated and the hammer fell the gun would still not fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Simple test, repeat the process numerous times. Rack slide with safety on and hammer back, pull trigger, (remove finger from trigger) Snap safety off and see if you can repeat failure. (With a empty gun of course). If it won’t repeat the failure after numerous attempts I would rack this up to a negligent discharge on your part and let it go as a learning experience. Unless the trigger itself stuck part way back the pin safety can’t disengage.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Try the same test again with a pencil in the barrel and see if it launches the pencil. If so by pulling the trigger the pin safety is also hanging up. Just because the hammer drops doesn’t mean it’s defeating the pin safety.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I don’t think there’s a problem with the micros. My 9 mm and my 380 will not drop the hammer with the safety on pull and release trigger and click safety off. They will however both drop the hammer if I click the safety off with my booger hook still on the trigger

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Does that mean Micros never need to be sent back?
They are all perfect out of the box?
I guess I should have not sent back my Micro for dropping magazines nor my 5 ", 4", or 3" for FTE or FTL.
Didn’t say that did I. If the hammer drops without pulling the trigger just snapping the safety off it needs to go back. But I highly doubt the firing pin safety also failed. There’s more in that cake batter then what’s been baked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts