Kimber Talk Forums banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
So there twobits, you've removed your post No.1. Can we all assume now that you admit it was completely your fault for the AD? By removing the post it shows you're just plain embarrassed, and you should be. But you DID have the stones to admit it.

Can't blame the gun for the AD, it was YOUR responsibility to check that chamber. About as basic a safety item as you can get. We trust you've learned a valuable lesson here. Don't run away, we've all made mistakes. You at least admitted it.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
So there twobits, you've removed your post No.1. Can we all assume now that you admit it was completely your fault for the AD? By removing the post it shows you're just plain embarrassed, and you should be. But you DID have the stones to admit it.

Can't blame the gun for the AD, it was YOUR responsibility to check that chamber. About as basic a safety item as you can get. We trust you've learned a valuable lesson here. Don't run away, we've all made mistakes. You at least admitted it.

Shit man, I make mistakes all the time.
That's how we learn things.
As long as no one got hurt, laugh about it and learn from it.

·
Registered
375 Posts

Does it matter as to whether there was a bullet in the chamber?
I don't believe that was the meaning of the post.
If there was no round in the chamber and the gun did misfire would we have heard about it?
Would Micro owners now be aware of a possible issue with this type of weapon?
I don't know what happened with Twobits or my friend but both have claimed an AD by a release of the safety..
I would like to know if this is something we should be aware of.
I won't belittle him for bringing up the issue.
I say thanks for bringing it up

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I don’t think there’s a problem with the micros. My 9 mm and my 380 will not drop the hammer with the safety on pull and release trigger and click safety off. They will however both drop the hammer if I click the safety off with my booger hook still on the trigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
375 Posts
I don’t think there’s a problem with the micros. My 9 mm and my 380 will not drop the hammer with the safety on pull and release trigger and click safety off. They will however both drop the hammer if I click the safety off with my booger hook still on the trigger

Does that mean Micros never need to be sent back?
They are all perfect out of the box?
I guess I should have not sent back my Micro for dropping magazines nor my 5 ", 4", or 3" for FTE or FTL.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Does that mean Micros never need to be sent back?
They are all perfect out of the box?
I guess I should have not sent back my Micro for dropping magazines nor my 5 ", 4", or 3" for FTE or FTL.
Didn’t say that did I. If the hammer drops without pulling the trigger just snapping the safety off it needs to go back. But I highly doubt the firing pin safety also failed. There’s more in that cake batter then what’s been baked.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Shit man, I make mistakes all the time.
That's how we learn things.
As long as no one got hurt, laugh about it and learn from it.
I agree...I have to hand it two @Twobits73 for having the courage to post this. I'm very interested in what Kimber finds with his pistol. We can all speculate on it...but we weren't there to witness it.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I agree...I have to hand it two @Twobits73 for having the courage to post this. I'm very interested in what Kimber finds with his pistol. We can all speculate on it...but we weren't there to witness it.
It could be an issue with the gun, but I'm not really that familiar with the specific guts of a Micro 9.
I think there's a good chance a finger slipped in the trigger guard, and he maybe didnt notice or even recall it happening, due to the shock and awe of the gun discharging and slaying the perfect sleeper.

Reactions: Short Fuse

·
Registered
14,638 Posts
We may never find out it's been 9 days since Twobits has been online.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Argee, I wouldn't hold my breath on that one based on his previous comments here.
I suppose your right. Why would someone report a N D and not expect to take flak from it. You're on a gun forum amongst your peers where gun safety is paramount to most. You give thanks that no one was killed or injured...learn from the experience and press on. I guess on a public forum one develops a thick skin and doesn't get all butt hurt when someone criticizes them.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts