Reactions: OLE442

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Hopefully they leave LaPierre behind!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Wayne, Marion, and the rest of the corrupt bunch of grifters.

They abandoned gun owners years ago.
They sold us out.
They call me all the time asking for money.
I tell them to have an auction and sell Waynes suits, and make Marion buy her own damn cat food.

GOA and VCDL actually fight for our rights.

·
Super Moderator
37,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been a member of the NRA since the mid 50s, I am presently at the Patriot Life Endowment Level but haven't sent them a penny in years and will not until Wayne is gone.

I am also a Life member of the SAF and the GOA. IMHO these two organizations have been fighting the battles that the NRA has been ignoring.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Announcing bankruptcy and in the same breath proclaiming they're in the strongest financial position in years will come across as standard NRA double-talk among the broader membership. As far as attracting new members....We're filing for bankruptcy, send us your money.... doesn't have a good ring to it :rolleyes:. If the NRA wants to 'grow' they should announce the greatest fundraising drive in NRA history: Wayne LaPierre has been terminated as well his sycophant Board members.

The NRA no longer has influence in Washington. Regardless of paper shuffling to reorganize and incorporate in Texas, it doesn't seem to make much sense to remain headquartered in the liberal bubble just outside DC. As far as political influence at the state level, I haven't seen it. The guru of NRA lobbyists in Florida, Marion Hammer, got squashed like a fat palmetto bug under the boot of a republican controlled legislature.Texas? What has the NRA done lately to advance free exercise of the 2A in Texas? They attacked gun owners in Texas who wanted open carry freedoms, and the NRA aided in criminalizing Texans who owned bump stocks.

Lacking political clout in Washington and at the state level, the NRA is basically representing gun owners via litigation. I believe GOA, SAF and other organizations are smarter litigators than the NRA. Heck, there wouldn't even have been a Heller decision if the NRA had their way. On the other hand, the NRA is a fantastic organization for firearms safety, training and shooting sports. Focus on what you're good at.

·
Registered
100 Posts
legal aspects of Chapter 11

Lawyer buddy said Chapter 11 can and often does have nothing to do with fiscal strength. It provides the NRA a legal platform for restructuring (i.e. moving out of NY without NY being able to impact the move).

Announcing bankruptcy and in the same breath proclaiming they're in the strongest financial position in years will come across as standard NRA double-talk among the broader membership. As far as attracting new members....We're filing for bankruptcy, send us your money.... doesn't have a good ring to it :rolleyes:. If the NRA wants to 'grow' they should announce the greatest fundraising drive in NRA history: Wayne LaPierre has been terminated as well his sycophant Board members.

The NRA no longer has influence in Washington. Regardless of paper shuffling to reorganize and incorporate in Texas, it doesn't seem to make much sense to remain headquartered in the liberal bubble just outside DC. As far as political influence at the state level, I haven't seen it. The guru of NRA lobbyists in Florida, Marion Hammer, got squashed like a fat palmetto bug under the boot of a republican controlled legislature.Texas? What has the NRA done lately to advance free exercise of the 2A in Texas? They attacked gun owners in Texas who wanted open carry freedoms, and the NRA aided in criminalizing Texans who owned bump stocks.

Lacking political clout in Washington and at the state level, the NRA is basically representing gun owners via litigation. I believe GOA, SAF and other organizations are smarter litigators than the NRA. Heck, there wouldn't even have been a Heller decision if the NRA had their way. On the other hand, the NRA is a fantastic organization for firearms safety, training and shooting sports. Focus on what you're good at.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I use Amazon smile, and enjoy Amazon sending a percentage of all of my purchases to the GOA. I wonder if I could have picked the SAF instead...

·
Registered
476 Posts
Speaking as a Texan.... “Get a rope!”....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts