Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of 5:00PM today - I am officially retired. After 34 years of service with the great state of Texas, I am free. I have no real plans for the future - other than enjoy life. I can now do what I want to and do it when I want to. Reality has not set in yet, but I am sure that it will hit me on Monday morning...

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
As of 5:00PM today - I am officially retired. After 34 years of service with the great state of Texas, I am free. I have no real plans for the future - other than enjoy life. I can now do what I want to and do it when I want to. Reality has not set in yet, but I am sure that it will hit me on Monday morning...
Congrats! It's wonderful life to enjoy! It'll take a bit to set in.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
As of 5:00PM today - I am officially retired.
Good on ya, brother.

The first time I retired, it was difficult going from being a big dog, to a dog that wasn't even rollin' with the pack any more. The second time around, I learned that it's ok if my big accomplishments for the day are playing with the dogs and trimming some bushes. The other thing that I learned is that nothing is urgent any more. I do what I want when I want.

Have fun with it. Technically, this is a holiday weekend. You'll REALLY be retired when you don't have to go into the salt mine on Monday.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Congrats brother! I got a few more to go (3-5)! Looking forward to mine! ENJOY!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,218 Posts
12 years ago, for me. It's everything it's cracked up to be. Congratulations!

·
Registered
14,879 Posts
Almost 10 years ago for me. Congrats you will catch on quick.

Reactions: Chuck43

·
Registered
674 Posts
Congrats enjoy that SS check. I retired in 2007 @ 56 years old. With a 6 gun in my hand & my Harley & rode off into the sunset. Will turn 71 this month & im quite surprised I’m still alive, a few heart attacks & bypass surgery. Billy Joel sang only the good die young. So don’t be good have a great life & a happy & healthy new year.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Pretty sure I don't get to.

Reactions: Chuck43

·
Registered
71 Posts
2 years 10 months 12 days more work for me, not that im keeping track, congrats to you.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Congratulations & Thank you for your Service to The Lone Star State!! I'm closer to that than I was when I started 42 yrs ago. Good Lord willing in 4 more years I can go my way! enjoy your retirement.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts