Kimber Talk Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Congratulations, the first thing I noticed with retirement was you don't know what day of the week it is.
I've got a system. If I'm riding with job-burdened people, it's either Saturday or Sunday. If there's a lady downstairs who isn't my wife and she's vacuuming, then it's Wednesday. If I'm doing whatever the heck I please, then it's a day that ends in Y.

·
Registered
593 Posts
As of 5:00PM today - I am officially retired. After 34 years of service with the great state of Texas, I am free. I have no real plans for the future - other than enjoy life. I can now do what I want to and do it when I want to. Reality has not set in yet, but I am sure that it will hit me on Monday morning...
I have been retired for 6 years now, your going to love it.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
...congrats, I have found that I don't have the time to work... ...since I piddle; and that coupled with honey-do's, and that coupled with keeping up the property, and that coupled with helping out with community stuff... ...doesn't leave room for much else... ...except our RV trips; range time, fly fishing, fly tying, reloading, etc...

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I've got a system. If I'm riding with job-burdened people, it's either Saturday or Sunday. If there's a lady downstairs who isn't my wife and she's vacuuming, then it's Wednesday. If I'm doing whatever the heck I please, then it's a day that ends in Y.
hey RustyIron ! I got a good chuckle out of that
response !!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Howdy MCMLXIII ! what part of Texas you in ? I just entered semi-retirement myself.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I am in the Panhandle near Amarillo...
...been thru Amarillo quite several times... ...always driving a diesel pusher or pulling a 38' fifth wheel... ...a few good RV parks there... ...and some good food as well... ...been to the following:
  • The Wildcat Bluff Nature Center..
  • Palo Duro Canyon State Park..
  • Caprock Canyons State Park
  • VW Slug Bug Ranch.
  • 2nd Amendment Cowboy.
  • Cadillac Ranch

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
I am in the Panhandle near Amarillo...
Stopped in Amarillo once to pee and gas up. It was dark. I started in Tulsa that afternoon, and wanted to get home. Didn't make it. Had to sleep around Flagstaff. To keep it somewhat on topic, I was carrying a Sig P229. Luckily, the Texans were friendly enough and I didn't need to fire it.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts