Kimber Talk Forums banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I think I prefer hamburgers made out of pigs to hambugers made out of cows. Which sounds a little weird, but ham comes from pigs not cows, so maybe it's weirder to call it hamburger in the first place. I'm just sayin'...

Reactions: bad ninja

·
Registered
859 Posts
There's an antibiotic called neomycin that's sometimes used to help promote growth in calves here in the US. The practice is banned elsewhere. And yes rural GA is quite scenic, we're outside Athens not in Fulton county. We're surrounded by small farms, many raise cattle. Again you and other small operations aren't the problem. I'm sorry if I've come off as pointing a finger at you with the produce or cattle. The industrial scale ranches and farms produce a less desirable product like you've stated several times. That USDA Organic indication is generally a good way to avoid the iffy stuff that's all.

on to serious business, how about this:

"BAD A$$ BLUEBERRIES"
USDA ORGANICLY grown on
bad ninja farms
...I'll buy um :)

Go Dawgs.
So you can see, the cattle aren't raised in pens, and graze the pastures.
There are tons of pig farmers there too.
No cruel cages.
Pigs do wallow in their own shit and mud.
Even wild ones, of which there are plenty here.

My point was this:
If the veggies were grown with 100% organic nutrients and using only 100% organic fertilizers they would stamp that shit in big letters.
Imstead, they use a catchall phrase that implies without legally stating such.

Your Grocer buys the cheapest product in bulk.

Be picky. Buy local if you can.
Get to know your local growers.
Find a good butcher.
Buy fresh. Learn to can.
Eat better. Live better.

Remember:
Cheap.
Quality.
Quanity.

You can only pick 2.

·
Registered
885 Posts
WELL IF YOU NEED A GOOD CLEAN OUT...

Cola may not be the best for preventing, as in the old wives tale.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I looked it up after seeing the cow pics. The ranch I mentioned on I-5 earlier is The Harris Ranch. It's over 800 acres and is listed as having about 100,000 cattle at any given time. From the road all you see is dirt, there's nothing green? They supply beef to big box grocers nationally 🐮

Attachments

·
Registered
859 Posts
I looked it up after seeing the cow pics. The ranch I mentioned on I-5 earlier is The Harris Ranch. It's over 800 acres and is listed as having about 100,000 cattle at any given time. From the road all you see is dirt, there's nothing green? They supply beef to big box grocers nationally 🐮
Thats the Will Harris Farm off I-5 near Bluffton right?
The name of that huge Farm is "White Oak Pastures."

They raise Grass Fed Beef.

edited**
My mistake..
its This one

Also grass fed, pasture raised cattle.
Actual pictures at their website.

6852528.jpg

Where did you get those pics?
You didnt take them.
That does NOT look like Georgia.
Those look like ranches out west in the desert.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Thats the Will Harris Farm off I-5 near Bluffton right?
The name of that huge Farm is "White Oak Pastures."

They raise Grass Fed Beef.

edited**
My mistake..
its This one

Also grass fed, pasture raised cattle.
Actual pictures at their website.
That's the "feed lot" of one of the Harris ventures, there are numerous. Overall they supposedly produce over 150,000,000 lbs of product per year, lots of beef. This one's been compared to Auschwitz and is east of Coalinga. I've driven by numerous times over the years and have NEVER seen anything green there?. There are several ranches though. Some are organic grass fed and others are devoted to producing a lower end product. Some Harris product winds up on plates in the finest restaurants and other stock winds up in dog food. It's a business and I get it, I just don't want to eat it. I'm sure the organic product is on par with what I get but the lower end product not so much. Much of that winds up in food that comes frozen and in a box or out of fast food drive throughs.

On a more palatable note, I'm just about to put some organic blue berries in my organic steel cut oatmeal, 🫐

...The WIKIPEDIA info on the Harris Ranch may be a bit less biased than their own numerous PR sites

·
Registered
859 Posts
Those pics do not look like Georgia.
Where did you find them?
Link?

Dont sacrifice integrity for an internet discussion.

·
Registered
859 Posts
That's the "feed lot" of one of the Harris ventures, there are numerous. Overall they supposedly produce over 150,000,000 lbs of product per year, lots of beef. This one's been compared to Auschwitz and is east of Coalinga. I've driven by numerous times over the years and have NEVER seen anything green there?. There are several ranches though. Some are organic grass fed and others are devoted to producing a lower end product. Some Harris product winds up on plates in the finest restaurants and other stock winds up in dog food. It's a business and I get it, I just don't want to eat it. I'm sure the organic product is on par with what I get but the lower end product not so much. Much of that winds up in food that comes frozen and in a box or out of fast food drive throughs.

On a more palatable note, I'm just about to put some organic blue berries in my organic steel cut oatmeal, 🫐

...The WIKIPEDIA info on the Harris Ranch may be a bit less biased than their own numerous PR sites
Wikipedia is heavily biased.
So are all the greenpeace/ Peta nutjobs.

Any jackass that compares a cattle farm to Auschwitz ia a broken person with a heavy agenda, and a lack of common sense.

Harris farms sells grass fed beef, all natural Milk and Dairy products, Cheese, etc.

Hey if you want to pay extra to buy imported Kiwi grass fed beef when it's raised in your backyard, be my guest.

It's your money.

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
been by several times when i lived down there..hold your breath

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Wikipedia is heavily biased.
So are all the greenpeace/ Peta nutjobs.

Any jackass that compares a cattle farm to Auschwitz ia a broken person with a heavy agenda, and a lack of common sense.

Harris farms sells grass fed beef, all natural Milk and Dairy products, Cheese, etc.

Hey if you want to pay extra to buy imported Kiwi grass fed beef when it's raised in your backyard, be my guest.

It's your money.
I don't know about WIKIPEDIA being biased? Sure seems like NINJAPEDIA is though, dang dude!!! I've driven past that faction of The Harris Ranch and seen it with my own eyes, smelled it myself, it's absolutely horrific. Again, there's really no need to argue that within their organization there are different divisions. If you don't want to believe it's there that's cool???
"OOOOO, Snap Into A SlimJim!!!"

BTW, for the grass fed New Zealand strips or ribeyes the price is usually $9.99/lb at our local Earth Fare market. It's less than the Angus and we like it better :)

·
Registered
859 Posts
I don't know about WIKIPEDIA being biased? Sure seems like NINJAPEDIA is though, dang dude!!! I've driven past that faction of The Harris Ranch and seen it with my own eyes, smelled it myself, it's absolutely horrific. Again, there's really no need to argue that within their organization there are different divisions. If you don't want to believe it's there that's cool???
"OOOOO, Snap Into A SlimJim!!!"

BTW, for the grass fed New Zealand strips or ribeyes the price is usually $9.99/lb at our local Earth Fare market. It's less than the Angus and we like it better :)
Same grass fed beef.
Which was my point.
A "Grass fed" label doesnt mean what you think.
Neither does commercial "organic".
I like Angus steaks myself.
I eat more deer and fish than beef or chicken though.
We split a half cow between me and my cousin once a year.

It did strike a nerve when you made the Auschwitz reference.
That trivializes the actual horror that real people went through.

As far as belief, I just asked for a link to where you found those pics.
No need to be defensive.
been by several times when i lived down there..hold your breath
You should drive by farms when they spread the chicken shit.
It will gag a plumber. :oops:
Nothing smells worse than a chicken coop.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nothing smells worse than a chicken coop.
Would that be an ORGANIC chicken coop or a sickly, chemical-laced, hormone-induced caged giant non-organic chicken coop? I only eat chickens fed on seeds from plants fed by ancient lava flows that were raised in the Auckland Islands.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Would that be an ORGANIC chicken coop or a sickly, chemical-laced, hormone-induced caged giant non-organic chicken coop? I only eat chickens fed on seeds from plants fed by ancient lava flows that were raised in the Auckland Islands.

lol.
ALL chickens...except boneless chickens.
1c9cc6b147ba9534d16a1f0ec1127a1d.png

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
ONE LOCAL SPEADS PIG SHIT...SPILLS MOST OF IT ON THE HIGHWAY FROM THEIR PEN TO HIS FIELD..🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
I ENDED UP WITH A HAMMER FROM A FARM AUCTION...IT STANK THE DAY I BOUGHT IT TILL I THROUGH IT AWAY...DIPPED IN GAS...LEFT OUTSIDE FOR A YEAR...NOTHING HELPED...TRASH IT WENT...IT WAS A REAL NICE HEAVY HAMMER TOO.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I ENDED UP WITH A HAMMER FROM A FARM AUCTION...IT STANK THE DAY I BOUGHT IT TILL I THROUGH IT AWAY...DIPPED IN GAS...LEFT OUTSIDE FOR A YEAR...NOTHING HELPED...TRASH IT WENT...IT WAS A REAL NICE HEAVY HAMMER TOO.
Chicken farm probably.
It seeps into the soul of the steel.

Reactions: Shootinit
21 - 40 of 47 Posts