Kimber Talk Forums banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

Registered
I clean the bore, then run an oily patch, clean mop, then a clean patch. Leaves a thin layer that prevents any corrosion from moisture that may build up either from sweat/EDC use, or just from me living in a damn swamp. 馃榿
We get extremely high humidity here in south GA.
Welcome to Ga. as you know I lived in N Ga & it got pretty hot & humid this time of the year. That鈥檚 why everything is so green

Registered
What about excessive lube in the bore??
This will make your eyes bug out.

I reload for several semi-auto rifles chambered in .308, .223, and 6.8. After making loaded cartridges I lightly coat them from tip to base with paste wax. No pressure signs. No loss of accuracy. No damage to the rifles. Years ago prior to waxing the cartridges, some rifles (M14) were so hard on brass that it couldn't safely be loaded more than five or six times due to case stretching and incipient case head separation. Now the cases can be reloaded up to 30 times before the primer pockets expand so much that they'll no longer securely hold primers. The heat generated from the burning powder instantly converts the solid wax to gas.

About half of the time I'll just spray down the loaded ammo with Hornady case lube. It drys quickly, works just as well as the wax, and is much faster to apply.

For .22 pistols and rifles lightly oiled cases will eliminate the sticking of fired cases in the chamber.

Also, during my years as a tanker we had M85 .50 caliber machine guns that were notoriously unreliable. Failures-to-feed were too common. We actually squirted engine oil on the linked rounds in an attempt to get the guns to shoot. It often worked!

41 - 44 of 44 Posts