Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ammo and some other small stuff... took them 17 days to ship it and it was all in stock. I'd like to know what the problem is. But I can imagine the answer. There's some middle management doofus trying to save a buck so he can get his bonus and not hiring enough staff to handle the demand. I like Palmetto SA but their shipping sucks.

Midway USA usually ships next business day. Sometimes same day for goods in stock. They must have hired someone from Amazon and Palmetto hired the guy from Ace Hardware, who never has what you need on the shelf. Ace employees say, "I can order that for you" before you even ask the question.

I can wait for stuff I buy. But I want a firm ship date when I click the buy button.

·
Administrator
40,992 Posts
I bought an in stock lower from them a couple of years back, it took 30 days for it to ship.

Reactions: Oklahomabound

·
Banned
3,384 Posts
Palmetto State Armory takes a while to ship, but they always come through.

It's because they are the largest manufacturer of AR15s on the planet, just opened a massive Ammo manufacturing facility the size of two city blocks, bought several divisions of Remington out of the bankruptcy, are funding a bank so that gun industry businesses won't get cancelled, and staying on top of their orders.
They are a massive company that blew up over the last decade from a garage business to an industry leader.
They are good people.
Julian's brother is the South Carolina Attorney General.

Reactions: Oklahomabound

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
This isn’t something new. It’s why I won’t do biz with them. Seems they take on more than they can handle and even more since new take overs. Decades ago they were no better.
Problem I can recall in earlier days is their online inventory wasn’t live and did not depict their actual stock.

Reactions: 2sharp2

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Firearm purchases have been painless with PSA. No back and forth with them and my FFL. I've mentioned prior that the AK pistol I bought from them is excellent. Simple purchases of commodity goods... not great.

Expansion is tough but I'm pretty sure the same people who are building up the ammo business are not doing picking and packing in their distribution centers. Something's broken there. PSA remains one of my go-to vendors but if I don't want to wait 2-3 weeks, I buy whatever it is someplace else. That was the feedback I gave them. Hopefully they fix it.

·
Banned
3,384 Posts
Firearm purchases have been painless with PSA. No back and forth with them and my FFL. I've mentioned prior that the AK pistol I bought from them is excellent. Simple purchases of commodity goods... not great.

Expansion is tough but I'm pretty sure the same people who are building up the ammo business are not doing picking and packing in their distribution centers. Something's broken there. PSA remains one of my go-to vendors but if I don't want to wait 2-3 weeks, I buy whatever it is someplace else. That was the feedback I gave them. Hopefully they fix it.
I'll cut them a little slack on shipping.

They have grown more in the last two years than any business in the entire industry by several magnitudes.
They also do a metric shit ton of business..like alot more than most major vendors.

Believe it or not, they sell much more shit than Midway.
(Who also has had recent shipping delays since moving the warehouse).

That said, they have always been slow to ship, and that's why I don't buy alot of small peripheral products from them.

For small stuff, there are other vendors that ship within 24 hours or less.
Joebob outfitters, Wing Tactical, CZ custom shop, and AIM surplus are my usual go-to places for parts and accessories if I need them fast. They all usually ship same day or next day.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have bought a lot of stuff from them and they have always been slow to ship - I know that from the start and plan accordingly...

·
Registered
15,470 Posts
Nothing new with PSA, if you need it fast order from some other place...

·
Registered
299 Posts
I bought M4 from them got it next day ..
They sell stuffs from other sites too .. just like Amazon but has NO control on shipping ..
Count on your luck where the merchandise ship out from ..

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'll cut them a little slack on shipping.

They have grown more in the last two years than any business in the entire industry by several magnitudes.
They also do a metric shit ton of business..like alot more than most major vendors.

Believe it or not, they sell much more shit than Midway.
(Who also has had recent shipping delays since moving the warehouse).

That said, they have always been slow to ship, and that's why I don't buy alot of small peripheral products from them.

For small stuff, there are other vendors that ship within 24 hours or less.
Joebob outfitters, Wing Tactical, CZ custom shop, and AIM surplus are my usual go-to places for parts and accessories if I need them fast. They all usually ship same day or next day.
Joe Bob is awesome. Now and then has some huge discounts that are hard to pass up. They are very good at shipping also.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Ammo and some other small stuff... took them 17 days to ship it and it was all in stock. I'd like to know what the problem is. But I can imagine the answer. There's some middle management doofus trying to save a buck so he can get his bonus and not hiring enough staff to handle the demand. I like Palmetto SA but their shipping sucks.

Midway USA usually ships next business day. Sometimes same day for goods in stock. They must have hired someone from Amazon and Palmetto hired the guy from Ace Hardware, who never has what you need on the shelf. Ace employees say, "I can order that for you" before you even ask the question.

I can wait for stuff I buy. But I want a firm ship date when I click the buy button.
Joe Bob is awesome. Now and then has some huge discounts that are hard to pass up. They are very good at shipping also.
try buckinghorseoutpost.com been buy from the for about a year. Great prices free shipping over $125. Orders. They ship quick 4 days approx. requires an adult signature.

·
Registered
36 Posts
For most of my ammo needs, I buy from Bereli. Solid prices and ship in a timely fashion. One time a case of ammo disappeared in the FedEx system, Bereli knew it before I did, contacted me, shipped another case and I got it just 2 days later than I had expected.

Reactions: bad ninja

·
Registered
9,306 Posts
Last year I bought some shotgun target loads from PSA. I was expecting a long wait because that’s what I heard about their shipping. I didn’t need it right away so shipping wasn’t a big deal on this order. On day 2 after I placed the order I received a shipping notification and within 7 days I had my shotgun shells. I thought things must have changed at PSA but I guess I just got lucky.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Last year I bought some shotgun target loads from PSA. I was expecting a long wait because that’s what I heard about their shipping. I didn’t need it right away so shipping wasn’t a big deal on this order. On day 2 after I placed the order I received a shipping notification and within 7 days I had my shotgun shells. I thought things must have changed at PSA but I guess I just got lucky.
Kind of feel the same way. Right now am 50-50 on their shipping. Ordered some mags Friday shipped and should be here today. The first order with them took a few days to ship. Get most ammo from 2A Warehouse. Usually pretty fast shipping and good price, maybe not always the lowest but usually close. Never had a misfire or hang fire and seems to be consistent accuracy. Better than I am.

·
Banned
3,384 Posts
They have been slow from the day they opened up. Reason????
Rapid growth.

They blew up from a garage business to one of the largest firearms produces in the world, and they are still growing at a rediculous rate.
They make and sell more ARs than Colt, Ruger SW, and Daniel Defense put together.

They are also incredibly dedicated to the 2A.
The Freedom Line of low priced ARs they sell, corresponds to their motto of "let every man be armed".
Their premium barrels are the best deal on a CHF AR barrel in the industry.
You can buy a much better AR, but you will pay more for it.

Reactions: DungFu

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As much as I appreciate a well-made rifle, when it comes down to the possibility of a SHTF event, a match barrel on an AR is about as useful as tits on a bull. I have never been able to justify spending a shit load of money on an AR or AK. The low-priced versions of both patterns are just as good. And reliable. Just a little less refined. It's like the difference between a Mercedes and a Chevrolet. The Chevy will get you where you need to go. The Mercedes is well-appointed and stylish.

I don't have a backyard barbecue AR with a sling made from mastodon hide harvested from the ice in Siberia. It might scare my guests.

Someone here recently said, "There's no way a $1,700 pistol is going to be my EDC." I am in total agreement. If I were to find myself under assault by a gang of five and shoot the first four, I want to be comfortable splitting the skull of # 5 with the butt of my empty pistol and not worry about marring the finish. :)

·
Banned
3,384 Posts
As much as I appreciate a well-made rifle, when it comes down to the possibility of a SHTF event, a match barrel on an AR is about as useful as tits on a bull. I have never been able to justify spending a shit load of money on an AR or AK. The low-priced versions of both patterns are just as good. And reliable. Just a little less refined. It's like the difference between a Mercedes and a Chevrolet. The Chevy will get you where you need to go. The Mercedes is well-appointed and stylish.

I don't have a backyard barbecue AR with a sling made from mastodon hide harvested from the ice in Siberia. It might scare my guests.

Someone here recently said, "There's no way a $1,700 pistol is going to be my EDC." I am in total agreement. If I were to find myself under assault by a gang of five and shoot the first four, I want to be comfortable splitting the skull of # 5 with the butt of my empty pistol and not worry about marring the finish. :)
Cold Hammer Forged/ Chrome lined barrels aren't match barrels, and aren't made for extreme accuracy.
They are built that way for durability.
If the SHTF, you won't be able to find replacement parts, and knowing your barrel won't be trashed if you mag dump a few thousand rounds with a FRT trigger, is priceless when the zombie horde arrives at your door.
Think towing a boat with a Mercedes versus an F350, in the apocalypse.

Also, I would absolutely EDC carry a $1700 pistol.
My life and family is worth alot more than that.

I'm a cheap bastard myself, but Self Defense isn't the area to be frugal.
Spare yourself a new pair of Bruno Maglis, and get that Dan Wesson.😉

Reactions: 2sharp2

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
We will have to philosophically disagree. I'd put the extra money I saved not carrying a trophy firearm into ammo and food rations in places nobody would easily find them. I've never been a joiner. I like my chances of being solo better.

It would be heartbreaking to run out of ammo and have to use a nice rifle as a war club.

I have never seen a low-cost commodity AR rifle barrel disintegrate. Even after becoming red hot from shooting a half dozen mags with a binary trigger. Besides, Clint Smith says there will be plenty of guns and ammo laying about. Battlefield pickups... if and when the SHTF. In the AK realm... they keep firing under the worst conditions and with minimal maintenance. Even with corrosive, shitty ammo.

I'm not ripping on higher-quality rifles or pistols. I'm simply saying I like Beluga caviar on Wellington water crackers but they wouldn't make my short list for a bug-out bag.

I wasn't referring to trucks but since you mentioned it, they use these Mercedes Unimogs in Europe to pull train cars short distances. The silver one belongs to the former Governator (a.k.a. Arnold). Nothing against Amurican trucks though. The best made. The Grave Digger (Dennis Andersen) is a neighbor. He's a Chevy guy.

I'm mostly a Ford guy but I'm thinking my next truck is a RAM. Like Joe Dirt said, "You want the girls, you gotta have a Hemi".

Sky Wheel Land vehicle Cloud Vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Sky Vehicle

·
Banned
3,384 Posts
Those legendary Uber durable AKs all have CHF chrome lined barrels.
The Taliban in Afghanistan also ditched their AKs for M4s thanks to Joe Biden.

Military contracts go to the cheapest option that can meet the standards they require.
It's not about Gucci.
It's about durability.
The cheap ones couldn't meet the military minimum standards.

Clint is right.
There will be plenty of cheap ass rifles laying on the ground because their owners told themselves "it's good enough", and got thwacked by some kid with a LWRC, sitting 400 yards away.

With an AR, the components that matter are the Barrel, the BCG, and the FCG.
Never skimp on these, for a duty rifle.
The rest of the gun can be lower cost (as long as it is in-spec) and you will still be good to go.

Anyone that tells you otherwise, just doesn't know what they are talking about.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts