Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was hot the other day so I decided to make pizza on the grill with some smoke to get that woodfire brick taste going on. I par baked the crust and finished after the pizza was built. Temp was about 500 F.
Ingredient Wood Gas Cuisine Flooring
Plant Tree Grass Cooking Groundcover
Food Pizza Recipe Ingredient Cookware and bakeware

Crust had some nice charred spots and extra crunchy. I used a blend of Oak, Maple and Apple in the smoker tube.

I recommend it, something different.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
It was hot the other day so I decided to make pizza on the grill with some smoke to get that woodfire brick taste going on. I par baked the crust and finished after the pizza was built. Temp was about 500 F.
View attachment 131856 View attachment 131857 View attachment 131858
Crust had some nice charred spots and extra crunchy. I used a blend of Oak, Maple and Apple in the smoker tube.

I recommend it, something different.
Looks delicious

·
Registered
587 Posts
I got a propane outdoor pizza oven a couple of weeks ago. There's nothing quite like a pizza cooked outside. I'm still trying to get not burning the crust down, but it still turns out good.

Reactions: DungFu

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The cheese on top doesn't get that browned color but the flavor with a hint of smoke was fantastic. The cast iron pizza pan got a little too hot for one of the pizzas I made so lesson learned. Because I do this so infrequently there are occasional sacrifices to the gods. The second pizza was awesome and on a perforated aluminum pan.

I tried pizza stones but they end up cracking so I got Mario Bataglias cast iron pizza pan as an alternative. It's superb in the oven but on the grill, I let it get too hot so no bueno.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
The cheese on top doesn't get that browned color but the flavor with a hint of smoke was fantastic. The cast iron pizza pan got a little too hot for one of the pizzas I made so lesson learned. Because I do this so infrequently there are occasional sacrifices to the gods. The second pizza was awesome and on a perforated aluminum pan.

I tried pizza stones but they end up cracking so I got Mario Bataglias cast iron pizza pan as an alternative. It's superb in the oven but on the grill, I let it get too hot so no bueno.
We did a trial run tonight. Pizza was on a sheet cookie tray. Lit 2 burners out of 4 and took it up to 400°...put the pizza on for 20 minutes...could have stood to be in a little longer. We don't use a pan in the oven..put the pizza directly on the grates as the flames are a little more covered. All in all it was good!

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Stones are good in the oven but propane grills do easily crack them. Too hard to precisely regulate the heat. About a year ago as a quick fix for my broken stone I bought one of those cheap TV special, no-stick "copper" pizza pans. I am surprised and delighted with how well it works. I am a confessed pizza snob. Perfect crust every time.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts