Kimber Talk Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Maybe I’m too picky. I bought the Micro 9 as an upgrade to a Ruger LC9s or Ruger LCP Custom. It came with better sights and I was hopeful I’d be more accurate at the outer limits of reasonable SD. With a lot of rounds down range (which I’m inclined to do regardless), I can’t say I shoot it any better. It’s objectively a nicer pistol in terms of fit and finish. It looks better but I just don’t shoot it as well I think I should or wished I did.

Regardless, I’m keeping it. I may swap out the sights at some point. For now, I’d like to improve with it and love it as my edc. I’m not there yet. I will say this, with the Hogue wrap around grips and the extended mag with Hogue extensions, it feels great. Those features make a great looking gun a little less beautiful but I’m a function over form kinda guy.

Reactions: JC45

·
Registered
122 Posts
Anything over 30' you might have a hard time convincing someone it was self defense anyway.
Self defense, yes, but defending someone else, a family member, pastor or whomever, is still a possibility and the target may not be within 10 feet. I train to shoot with and without using the sights and at multiple distances.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Self defense, yes, but defending someone else, a family member, pastor or whomever, is still a possibility and the target may not be within 10 feet. I train to shoot with and without using the sights and at multiple distances.
Yes, in a case of a mass shooting I would think any range would be acceptable

·
Registered
161 Posts
What did Kimber say when you told them about the problem?

If you didn’t tell them about the problem…duh?

Out of the box my Micro 9 shot about 6-8 inches high at 15 yards. That prompted its first of several trips back to the mother ship. They changed the front sight and when it returned it hit point of aim.

Sometimes the simple solutions are the best ones….

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Maybe I’m too picky. I bought the Micro 9 as an upgrade to a Ruger LC9s or Ruger LCP Custom. It came with better sights and I was hopeful I’d be more accurate at the outer limits of reasonable SD. With a lot of rounds down range (which I’m inclined to do regardless), I can’t say I shoot it any better. It’s objectively a nicer pistol in terms of fit and finish. It looks better but I just don’t shoot it as well I think I should or wished I did.
If Kimber cool looks and higher price tag necessarily translated to better performance then Solo would have been outstanding. Bonk.

I carry an earlier LCP with sights so small they can barely be seen. Been on sale over the years sub $200. 100% reliable to date and shoots just fine for SD purposes as far as I'm concerned.

7yds.

Tableware Drinkware Table Kona coffee Kapeng barako

Product Bag Rectangle Luggage and bags Everyday carry

·
Premium Member
150 Posts
The small Rugers are excellent pocket guns. They are not pretty so you don't feel compelled to treat them like a prom date. Also reliable, not finicky about ammo. Triggers.... long and heavy. But you just train around that.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts