Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
I got 200 rounds for $10 per box ($40 total) a few days ago.
Folks aint payin $1 per round anymore.

·
Banned
2,326 Posts
I got 200 rounds for $10 per box ($40 total) a few days ago.
Folks aint payin $1 per round anymore.
(y)

The great days of 18 months ago!!!

·
Banned
2,326 Posts
That was Saturday.
lol.
My LGS doesn't raise prices unless vendors do.
;)
Yes, I understand.
Your cost reminded me of 'da olden day' prices.

Reactions: bad ninja

·
Registered
39 Posts
Here in southern oregon the price dont matter cause there is no ammo to buy yet.

·
Registered
89 Posts
LGS in Delray Beach , Fl $35 for 50 rounds. 9mm 115 gr. If u want to shoot u gotta pay the piper.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Im just happy to be able to shoot.
:)
When ammo comes back, remember the shops that charged insane prices and shop elsewhere.

My main LGS is a 3rd generation family owned business, and one of the larger independant stores in this part of the state.
They have never raised their prices throughout this panic.
They treat us like gold.
Pro tip:
I also bribe the shit out of them with smoked meat and home made deserts.

Reactions: Chuck43

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, Ninja, what to do if all of my LGSs price gouged us all?????? Jerks. I saw a box of R.I.P. .380 sell for 65.00 for 20 cartridges. Not saw it for sale. It was the last box and i watched it sell. This has been as bad as i can ever remember. And if Overlord Biden and "President Harris" get their way it's gonna be back up to and beyond the 44.99 price point.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hopefully the price of guns will follow. Tired of seeing people charging $200 over MSRP.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Well, Ninja, what to do if all of my LGSs price gouged us all?????? Jerks. I saw a box of R.I.P. .380 sell for 65.00 for 20 cartridges. Not saw it for sale. It was the last box and i watched it sell. This has been as bad as i can ever remember. And if Overlord Biden and "President Harris" get their way it's gonna be back up to and beyond the 44.99 price point.
.380 isnt available here.
Been latest 8 months.
RIPs are stupidly priced even without the scamdemic.

If you cant find an honest gun store in your area it's time to move. Seriously.

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
That was Saturday.
lol.
My LGS doesn't raise prices unless vendors do.
I’d be curious to know what shops are paying for a box. I completely expect them to pull a profit off a sale but how far are they raising prices.

I have more respect for Cabelas these days, they may not have ammo for sale on their website and your limited to how much you buy in store but when they do have ammo in stock the prices are reasonable. Their gun prices were a little high imo but they aren’t gouging gun prices either.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Local Academy has been receiving 9mm stock 3 times a week. Avg price between Fed & Winchester has be $17.99 for a box of 50.
10mm was $24.99 for a box of 50.
Heck, picked up 2, 1000 round bulk packs of 22LR for $48 from Wally World on Sun.

LGS is still high at $1 a pop for 9mm, 40 S&W and 10mm. Online dealers are still gouging as well.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I’d be curious to know what shops are paying for a box. I completely expect them to pull a profit off a sale but how far are they raising prices.

I have more respect for Cabelas these days, they may not have ammo for sale on their website and your limited to how much you buy in store but when they do have ammo in stock the prices are reasonable. Their gun prices were a little high imo but they aren’t gouging gun prices either.
Wholesale pricing hasn't changed all that much.
If the store uses a distributer, there may be a bigger increases, but no, the manufacturers didn't jack up prices no matter what the store says.

However.....right now alot of the Ammo is imported.
All of that ammo goes through several distributers who each make a profit, which is why Tula steel case .223 is .75 CPR.
Its economics.
Supply vs demand.

Things are getting better.

Reactions: JC45

·
Registered
896 Posts
Last Friday, Cabela's Tilden (Hamburg) had about 100 boxes of Sig Sauer 9mm Luger 124gr V-Crown JHP box of 50 for $44.99/box. There was no rush to buy by a frenzied crowd. They had 15 Kimber pistols in the case, with a line of 2 or 3 people looking to purchase handguns. The lot was fairly empty, as was the store. There were 8 boxes of Hornady 6.8 SPC at $34.99/box, some 33 Nosler, some 50 BMG, a couple dozen boxes of 5.7mm X 28, a couple dozen boxes of 5 rounds of 2 3/4" 00 buck for $8.99/ box, 6 boxes of 10ga 3 1/2", 6 boxes of 20ga 3", 6 boxes of 12ga 3 1/2", 6 boxes of 12ga 3" waterfowl 3 steel shot ($23.99/box.) There were few reloading supplies, but 100 heads of .224 were $38.99 (only a half dozen calibers available.)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts