Kimber Talk Forums banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
More good news.
LGS kid just sent me a text that their Fiocci order from months ago just landed. He isnt sure what's in it but its alot. Tomorrow is gonna be a good day.
(This is why I bribe them with pork products and pastries.)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I picked up 150 winchester 5.56 not two hours ago for 79.99. Not the best deal i have ever gotten but not the dollar a round it was selling for last month.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
More good news.
LGS kid just sent me a text that their Fiocci order from months ago just landed. He isnt sure what's in it but its alot. Tomorrow is gonna be a good day.
(This is why I bribe them with pork products and pastries.)
You just reminded me I ordered a 1000 rounds of Fiocchi 9mm months ago. It was on back order and the price was right. I have to think about which company I placed this order with. Maybe it will show up soon.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I love Fiocchi. Well, I love Perfecta, which I can't get anymore (thanks, Walmart!) and it's the same thing. Cleanest ammo I've ever run by far, it isn't even close and I've never had a single dud in thousands of rounds.

Reactions: Tinman

·
Registered
997 Posts
Today at LGS:
Fiocci 45 acp 230g JHP @$36 for 50 rounds.
Fiocci 300blk 150gr FMJBT @$42 for 50 rounds.

I bought 200 rounds of each (daily limit).

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I know one LGS I wont be back to after all this. I was in one yesterday and they had reloads. RELOADS. Boxes of 50 were 35.00 for 9mm and 40.00 for .45. So tired of all this. Im all on board with more gun owners. However, some of the new gun owners i've seen and questions i have heard worry me. They say there is no such thing as a bad question. I have answered and overheard a few that call that into question.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I bought federal 115g 9mm yesterday for 22.99 a box and some blazer 115g last week for 16.99
also picked up .357 and .380 yesterday

·
Registered
997 Posts
I bought federal 115g 9mm yesterday for 22.99 a box and some blazer 115g last week for 16.99
also picked up .357 and .380 yesterday
I would love to find some .380 locally for the wifes PPK/S.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Tomorrow is a big day. My 7 year old step son has never been shooting before. He has spent the last year and a half learning how to handle them and how they work. Tomorrow is his day. I'm takin him out to the farm to shoot for the first time. I think i am as excited as he is gonna be. I'm not telling him where we are going till we are in the truck.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Tomorrow is a big day. My 7 year old step son has never been shooting before. He has spent the last year and a half learning how to handle them and how they work. Tomorrow is his day. I'm takin him out to the farm to shoot for the first time. I think i am as excited as he is gonna be. I'm not telling him where we are going till we are in the truck.
Awesome!!
I love reading stuff like this!!!!
You will build some great memories, and the lessons you impart will last a lifetime.
Let us know how it goes.
My boy LOVES it.
He will load his gear into the truck at the mere mention of going shooting. 😁

·
Registered
139 Posts
Noticed that prices from mfgr would increase May 1, several percent.

Around here they cold be giving ammo away but they dont have any.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have been buying all mine online either from Federal's web sight [You Have To Check It often but they have a 2 box limit on 9 & 45, but they are listing 40 & 10mm plenty of 12 ga slugs, 00, and turkey, steel shot] I also buy from AmmoShopOnline.com. 9mm no limit $27. 50rds. Never had a problem with either of these.. they have some frag .45's but I have never used them. The deals are out there, but like a bunch of people I just can't buy for $1 a round.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have been buying all mine online either from Federal's web sight [You Have To Check It often but they have a 2 box limit on 9 & 45, but they are listing 40 & 10mm plenty of 12 ga slugs, 00, and turkey, steel shot] I also buy from AmmoShopOnline.com. 9mm no limit $27. 50rds. Never had a problem with either of these.. they have some frag .45's but I have never used them. The deals are out there, but like a bunch of people I just can't buy for $1 a round.
Local dealers here in palm beach fl it’s $35. Per 50. It’s a rip. But if u want to dance u have to pay the band.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I know one LGS I wont be back to after all this. I was in one yesterday and they had reloads. RELOADS. Boxes of 50 were 35.00 for 9mm and 40.00 for .45. So tired of all this. Im all on board with more gun owners. However, some of the new gun owners i've seen and questions i have heard worry me. They say there is no such thing as a bad question. I have answered and overheard a few that call that into question.
If you saw the prices of reloading supplies you would understand those prices. Thankfully I have a lot of supplies from when it was still cheap.

·
Registered
997 Posts
If you saw the prices of reloading supplies you would understand those prices. Thankfully I have a lot of supplies from when it was still cheap.
Its better to understand economics.
Supply vs demand.
Buyers determine pricing.
When people stop paying high prices, shelves will not empty as fast and prices will drop.
Until then, it is what it is.

I have seen local 9mm reloads offered for $1 a round.
Anyone paying that is retarded.
I'll pay more because I shoot, but I'm not paying a buck a shot for common pistol ammo.

21 - 40 of 59 Posts