Kimber Talk Forums banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Its better to understand economics.
Supply vs demand.
Buyers determine pricing.
When people stop paying high prices, shelves will not empty as fast and prices will drop.
Until then, it is what it is.

I have seen local 9mm reloads offered for $1 a round.
Anyone paying that is retarded.
I'll pay more because I shoot, but I'm not paying a buck a shot for common pistol ammo.
Well if you look around at prices for reloading supplies you would understand. Primers are 30c a piece, bullets are 20c a piece and brass are 25 c a piece. You are looking at 75c a round before adding in powder.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Thats not
Well if you look around at prices for reloading supplies you would understand. Primers are 30c a piece, bullets are 20c a piece and brass are 25 c a piece. You are looking at 75c a round before adding in powder.
The folks reselling reloads are NOT buying components, especially at those second hand prices.
They bought huge supplies before this mess and are cashing in on fear and desperation to make bank.
Ammo scalpers, if you will.
Supply and demand.

The Ammo companies didnt raise the price of components that high.
They are using them to make ammo, which is why they are scarce right now.

Reactions: Tinman

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thats not

The folks reselling reloads are NOT buying components, especially at those second hand prices.
They bought huge supplies before this mess and are cashing in on fear and desperation to make bank.
Ammo scalpers, if you will.
Supply and demand.

The Ammo companies didnt raise the price of components that high.
They are using them to make ammo, which is why they are scarce right now.
I understand that because I did the same, I bought a bunch of reloading supplies before this all happened but I am saying if I went out to replace the supplies that I use under the current circumstances it would be costing me around 75c a round to load up for 9mm afterwards. I am not selling reloads at this time because of that. I am always looking for stuff at prices closer to what I paid a couple years ago but that is for my own enjoyment.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I understand that because I did the same, I bought a bunch of reloading supplies before this all happened but I am saying if I went out to replace the supplies that I use under the current circumstances it would be costing me around 75c a round to load up for 9mm afterwards. I am not selling reloads at this time because of that. I am always looking for stuff at prices closer to what I paid a couple years ago but that is for my own enjoyment.
Where are you buying your components?
1k primers by me are $60 for 1k. plinking powder is $28 a pound. Cases are once fired and projectiles are $27 for 250. Well below .30c a pop

·
Registered
167 Posts
1k primers by me are $60 for 1k. plinking powder is $28 a pound. Cases are once fired and projectiles are $27 for 250. Well below .30c a pop
Can't find any local and have to go online. Primers are $150 for 500 including shipping. Brass is my own stuff but replacement cost including shipping is $200 a thousand and bullets are $50 a hundred for jhps

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
Its better to understand economics.
Supply vs demand.
Buyers determine pricing.
When people stop paying high prices, shelves will not empty as fast and prices will drop.
Until then, it is what it is.

I have seen local 9mm reloads offered for $1 a round.
Anyone paying that is retarded.
I'll pay more because I shoot, but I'm not paying a buck a shot for common pistol ammo.
I happened to be near my LGS 2 days ago. Stopped in to see what guns and ammo they had in stock. I asked for a box of 9 and 45 (daily limit). They were completely sold out. I was surprised because they had a steady supply. You really do just have to stop paying these ridiculous prices to get the prices down.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I was able to buy 9mm @ .36 cpr, .380 @ .60cpr and 300bo @ .70cpr this week. 100 round limit on each.
Prices are coming down slowly.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Where are you getting those prices anyways. From places that don't have anything in stock. I can find that all over the internet but go to buy and they say it is on backorder.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Where did you get prices that low?
My local fun store.
3rd generation family owned business.
Good honest .mil family that have served our country and our community longer than I have been alive.
They move 30-50 guns every day.
They have never gouged prices throughout this entire scamdemic.
Prices have increased a bit but they are nowhere near the retardation I see online.

Online ammo used to be the place to buy cheap and in bulk.
That ship sailed a year ago.

As I have said, find a GOOD LGS and give them your business.

Reactions: Chuck43

·
Registered
167 Posts
My local fun store.
3rd generation family owned business.
Good honest .mil family that have served our country and our community longer than I have been alive.
They move 30-50 guns every day.
They have never gouged prices throughout this entire scamdemic.
Prices have increased a bit but they are nowhere near the retardation I see online.

Online ammo used to be the place to buy cheap and in bulk.
That ship sailed a year ago.

As I have said, find a GOOD LGS and give them your business.
I have one. They have never gouged me on prices ever but they can't get any stock. They get an occasional case of this or a case of that and by end of day, or even before, it is all gone. I bought my Kimber Micro 9 from them for a price I don't think I could match anywhere, but I was lucky in that he had ordered 6 of them and I was in there just looking around the day they came in. They were all gone by the next day. He put in another order to Kimber and still haven't gotten any more in. I bought a Savage 93 minimalist in 22mag from him for $100 less than starting bids on Gun Broker for the same thing. But I got lucky on them too as I got the last one of them he had. He said he had gotten 12 of them in a week before.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My LGS has been pretty good on pricing also. They have a set margin that they get and no higher. Prices are up from their supplier too. They are selling ammo at 2 box limit per cust. Last I seen it was .47 per round for 9mm.

·
Registered
167 Posts
My LGS has been pretty good on pricing also. They have a set margin that they get and no higher. Prices are up from their supplier too. They are selling ammo at 2 box limit per cust. Last I seen it was .47 per round for 9mm.
My LGSs don't seem to be able to get any ammo with any consistency. Their prices are above pre pandemic normal but not as high as Gun Broker or other places online.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Did you buy anything at those prices? Do they have stock regularly?
1k small pistol primers and a few pounds of Winchester 231 ( weekly basis). They have been fully stocked every week I have gone so far this year.
The only caveat is that he will only sell 1k primers no matter the size, to the same household once a week. Which I am more than happy to oblige with his rules.

·
Registered
167 Posts
1k small pistol primers and a few pounds of Winchester 231 ( weekly basis). They have been fully stocked every week I have gone so far this year.
The only caveat is that he will only sell 1k primers no matter the size, to the same household once a week. Which I am more than happy to oblige with his rules.
Well it will be a while before I need anything. I am doing most of my shooting with a 22lr semi auto pistol made by another manufacturer. Bought 2000 rounds from Walmart before they got anti gun and I had bought several 500 round boxes before that. Still working on the last of them. Also will be getting out my 22-250 and hunting for chucks which cuts down on my target shooting or plinking. Won't get back to seriously shooting the centerfire handguns until September unless someone needs a couple holes in them. Maybe a magazine or 2 every now and then, just to keep hand and eyes coordinated.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts