Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
3,130 Posts
Just a little added info! I called Kimber last summer for a quote on having some work done. The price for refinishing a frame was $165 plus shipping one way. Hope this is helpful!
redhawk: If you plan to bob that frame, you might consider a call to Kimber CS to see if after you do that, will they still do a re-finish job on that frame. Chances are after you doing some bubba smithing, the factory will not want anything to do with that frame. Can you say "liability"?

FYI: On a related topic, the factory did a complete re-finish and re-build on my SCU+ a couple of years ago, plus new tritium night sights. Out the door cost was $412 delivered. The pistol was stock; no aftermarket parts or work done. It returned looking better than new, ran better too.

· Registered
16,341 Posts
I will check and see if Kimber would do it all,good idea.And yes,I have been known to "Bubba".
I’m guessing and I would make the bet if you alter the frame, I.E: round the heel. Kimber won’t touch it!

· Registered
16,341 Posts
Kimber produces round heel frames that are light weight. Buying one of those models would be more cost effective than altering your current Pro Carry.

· Registered
1,358 Posts
I'd be happy with a 4" Pro Carry slide on a Ultra Carry frame.
Yep! We all love those! In Kimber speak, that’s a “compact”. Most other makes call them a CCO. Kimber used to make that setup, and according to their website they still do, in their “California compliant” section. Hard to find in the real world though!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts