Kimber Talk Forums banner

Pro Carry2 HD Range report.

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Marshall 
#1 ·
I promised on some posts a while back for a range report once i got some issues worked out.
The new recoil spring made all the difference in the world, so heres my report.

I took the Pro Carry 2 HD to my local range this afternoon after work. I loaded up some new ammo that i was curious to see how it shot.
Todays report was all shot with 230 Gn Plated Round Nose bullets with 5gn of Unique powder behind them.

6 targets per sheet. All rings are one inch.
I started off at 40 feet shooting top left target.
Very mild recoil with the load. I felt the first grouping was a liitle spread, so i brought the target back to 25 feet untill the last mag i fired. (1) 7 shot magazine per target.
I had one failure today. One spent brass failed to eject properly, but the pop was very weak and likely a very under powdered round.
My last magazine (bottom left target) i moved target back to around 50 feet. A respectable group i believe.
A good day at the range overall. Im feeling a lot more comfortable with the Kimber and the results are showing on the paper now.
Im taking my CHL class with my wife. Should be fun.
Wish us luck.
WADE

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Crap.. image rotated on the upload. 90 degrees left.
Top left is now bottom left.

#3 ·
Nice shootin' Tex. Sounds like a successful trip to the range. The more you shoot her, the smoother she will get. I'm glad things are working out for ya.

#9 ·
CHL class went very well.
Wife and I shot very well. She used her Walther Pk380.
I scored 249/250 with one shot wayyyy left. No idea how i pulled that far left.
wife scored 247/250. Her best shooting day by far. Real proud of her. Now ive gotta find the right small pistol as my CHL gun.

ps. My target is left. Wifes is on right.

Attachments

#11 ·
What kind of carry holster do you use with that?
I'm debating on owb vs iwb. I'm a big guy and am concerned about my weapon digging into my side.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.