Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We need a loading bench forum I think, seems to me there quite a few members that reoload there own target and hunting loads. Is it because Kimber does not recomend handloads for ther guns we do not have one?
Or do we have one and I am to blind to see it?

·
Super Moderator
38,067 Posts
Tom, Kimber has nothing to do with the forum and the subject of a reloading sub forum has never come up before. The "Ammo" sub forum is available for posting and if it becomes popular I may be able to get a separate sub forum created.

Reactions: PaulWVa

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw the ammo forum but just at first glance it sounds to me like a factory ammo forum so I did not post there.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Post Away, Tom!!

Dare to be great! What's the worst that could happen..... you get band for a week or so??!!

Go for it, buddy! We got your back!! Like the Three Musketeers.....All for One and One for All!!

·
Super Moderator
38,067 Posts
For the time being I can create a sticky for you to keep your posts in if you want to try it.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
We need a loading bench forum I think, seems to me there quite a few members that reoload there own target and hunting loads. Is it because Kimber does not recomend handloads for ther guns we do not have one?
Or do we have one and I am to blind to see it?
FYI ... in the handbook / manual that came with my Sig 1911 it states that the use of handloaded ammunition voids the warranty ... :confused::mad:

I wonder if other manufacturers are this way?. If so I guess I have no warranties left ... except maybe some .22s.

·
Super Moderator
38,067 Posts
FYI ... in the handbook / manual that came with my Sig 1911 it states that the use of handloaded ammunition voids the warranty ... :confused::mad:

I wonder if other manufacturers are this way?. If so I guess I have no warranties left ... except maybe some .22s.
Unless you blow up the gun how do you tell if someone was shooting reloads or new ammo?

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
Way back in the Dark Ages, our local PD was buying reloaded 38 Spl. ammo for duty (yeah, I know). A friend of mine bought a 642 Airweight when he retired and, since he had some of those reloads left, promptly took the topstrap off the Airweight. He was highly pissed off that S&W would not give him a new weapon.

Go figure. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Chuck43
1 - 10 of 10 Posts