Kimbertalk.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planned to go outside and today and shoot distance steel with bolt action 6.5, but wind was picking up pretty good here. Decided to stop by the indoor and shoot. Had my Kimber 45 and Springfield 9mm but not that much ammo. 50 round boxes of each so this was going to be a quick trip.
Only posting the pic of the Kimber for two reasons.
1. It was my better shooting of the two.
2. Apparently (suspiciously) didn't save 9mm target pic so.....
Anyway, this is the Kimber 45 desert warrior at 11 yards shooting the Freedom munitions 45 ammo. Shot 50 rounds (all I had) then changed targets and went after it with the 9mm.
The Kimber is very accurate. Out performs the 9mm 1911 even with both having match barrels.
Had fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'll say again, Dude, great shooting!! Jealous that you made it to the range. We're stuck at home with the flu so anxiously awaiting next week when we can hit the range again. Only in my dreams do I shoot that well!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Me thinks you could outshoot me every day and twice on sunday. Sorry about the flu. It's 10 days of misery. Rest and get better.
Plan on going out again tomorrow.
Shoulder surgery on the 29th will put me out of action for a few. Chance to practice one handed.
The kim has outstanding accuracy. I just try to stay out of the way and let it be accurate.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I'm dying to get out to the range! No indoor ranges here tho...:mad: Yesterday was 25/25 ...25 degrees / 25 mph breeze. Too d*** cold for me to shoot.

Some pretty good shootin' there, 'dude. So you're saying your Kimberly out shot your Springloaded ??? hmm ....now who would'a thunk that?? :p

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Today was nice with temps in the mid 60's but the wind was a problem.
Had intention of trying out some long steel but with the wind gusting pretty good, and me just getting my feet wet at distance, thought it would be a waste of ammo.
Decided to just shoot some indoor paper (which I enjoy).
Tomorrow will be a bit cooler (mid 50's) but rain may be involved (I HOPE).
If wind is down, I have a covered area, at my gun club, to shoot pistol or a covered rifle range to 200 yards..
We will see.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Gundude - that was some outstanding shooting today! Good luck tomorrow!

Reactions: Chuck43

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. Went to a neat christmas themed music show tonight. Great music from local talent (young and old....Ha). It was fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts