21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Look it’s a hard decision. I bought the Mako and loved it so much I bought another. It’s is ridiculously accurate and the trigger is perfect. But I get the after market issues. It’s very disappointing! For that reason I bought a P365x and add the magguts springs to my mags and bought a light. The 365 is easier to conceal and holds 14+1 which is crazy for its size. The Mako’s are used as a permanent truck gun and at home for my wife when I’m not around m. Good luck 👍🏻
Air gun Trigger Table Office equipment Gun barrel

·
Registered
3,445 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Standard 365 is 12+1 though. Did you mod it?

I’m assuming he modded the magazines with MagGuts springs, etc to get +2 on the mags.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm looking to change out my off duty carry piece. Currently carry a Glock single stack 9mm. I shot a coworkers P365 and the grip/frame just fits in my hand a whole lot better, which gives me a more natural point of aim. I naturally shoot this gun better than the glock b/c I have to worry less about grip and trigger manipulation when keeping the sights aligned. Sig has an LE discount and Kimber does not. Does anyone have an experience with the two that can say which one is a better shooter and more reliable? I'm aware of the recall on the R7, but Sig also had a recall some years back. Just wondering what everyone thinks. The size and capacity of both is almost equal and superior to what I am carrying now.
I'm looking to change out my off duty carry piece. Currently carry a Glock single stack 9mm. I shot a coworkers P365 and the grip/frame just fits in my hand a whole lot better, which gives me a more natural point of aim. I naturally shoot this gun better than the glock b/c I have to worry less about grip and trigger manipulation when keeping the sights aligned. Sig has an LE discount and Kimber does not. Does anyone have an experience with the two that can say which one is a better shooter and more reliable? I'm aware of the recall on the R7, but Sig also had a recall some years back. Just wondering what everyone thinks. The size and capacity of both is almost equal and superior to what I am carrying now.
I carried the Sig 365 XL with a Holosun RD ever since it came out and was very satisfied with it. I then read about the Kimber Mako’s trigger and tried it. It’s now my EDC. I think the Mako’s trigger is definitely better, and at least for me, is even more accurate and easy to shoot than the XL. I was going to change out the CT RD for the Holosun 507k, but have been satisfied with it so far. It came from the factory right on at 30 ft and is co-witnessed with iron sights. I am very happy with the Mako.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Look it’s a hard decision. I bought the Mako and loved it so much I bought another. It’s is ridiculously accurate and the trigger is perfect. But I get the after market issues. It’s very disappointing! For that reason I bought a P365x and add the magguts springs to my mags and bought a light. The 365 is easier to conceal and holds 14+1 which is crazy for its size. The Mako’s are used as a permanent truck gun and at home for my wife when I’m not around. Good luck 👍🏻 View attachment 131065
Wow! That's a handsome looking Sig.. love the grip detail.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'm going to check the R7 out and test fire it.....seems like the consensus is the trigger is superior to the P365. I wasn't aware of the Mag Guts upgrade. That's some crazy capacity with little to no addition to mag length. Now I really don't have the need for my Glock 26.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'm going to check the R7 out and test fire it.....seems like the consensus is the trigger is superior to the P365. I wasn't aware of the Mag Guts upgrade. That's some crazy capacity with little to no addition to mag length. Now I really don't have the need for my Glock 26.
don't let the trigger be the only selling point for the Kimber. with $25 (mcarbo spring kit) and 30 mins of time you can make the 365 (flat) trigger as good as the Kimber. maybe even a little better. both firearms are good and have their positive points. hard to make a decision like this without putting both in your hands.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
don't let the trigger be the only selling point for the Kimber. with $25 (mcarbo spring kit) and 30 mins of time you can make the 365 (flat) trigger as good as the Kimber. maybe even a little better. both firearms are good and have their positive points. hard to make a decision like this without putting both in your hands.
I wasn't aware of either of these upgrades. Can you post links? Many thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I wasn't aware of either of these upgrades. Can you post links? Many thanks!
this is the kit I used. Sig Sauer P365 Trigger Spring Kit
I ended up going back to the stock striker spring after a couple of light strikes. no other issues and the trigger is much better than stock now. about 20-30 mins to install. the mcarbo videos are pretty good. there might be the YouTube videos that help too.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Why not just get an XL Spectre?

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
The Spectre looks cool, but you are paying a premium for aesthetics. Great BBQ gun though. For EDC, I go with a plain vanilla P365. It will perform just as well as the fancy models.

But, if you want looks... it's not a terrible choice from the Sig P365 line. Some of the newer stuff out of Sig is smart marketing but it is not my preference to go for things like the slide treatment they refer to as 'battle worn look'. Fake patina.

The only look I'm interested in for a conceal carry is unnoticeable.

Trigger? I know it makes me seem glib but I really don't obsess about triggers on an EDC. You train with the gun as the factory made it and you will never have to worry about it working if and when you need it. On the other hand, if you want a target/range pistol and want to sharpen your skills (and thus experiment with triggers) then I suggest the P365 is the wrong gun.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The Spectre looks cool, but you are paying a premium for aesthetics. Great BBQ gun though. For EDC, I go with a plain vanilla P365. It will perform just as well as the fancy models.
Man, I love the looks and (reported) performance of the Spectre Comp. But I totally agree for my EDC I want plain vanilla. Or, in this case, the straight P365xl. In Nitron black. No flashy gold barrels or fancy lightening cuts.

The only look I'm interested in for a conceal carry is unnoticeable.
This ^^^^

Trigger? I know it makes me seem glib but I really don't obsess about triggers on an EDC. You train with the gun as the factory made it and you will never have to worry about it working if and when you need it. On the other hand, if you want a target/range pistol and want to sharpen your skills (and thus experiment with triggers) then I suggest the P365 is the wrong gun.
I have some awesome range pistols that I wouldn’t carry as an EDC. I also have some great full size pistols for bedside/home defense/etc that I also wouldn’t carry as an EDC. My Kimber Custom LW comes to mind. Beautiful gun, great full size, smooth, accurate, love the trigger. But have you tried concealing it under a pair of jeans and t-shirt when you’re all of 5’8”? Ain’t happening.

If I was going to do a Kimber for EDC, it would be an Ultra Carry in 9mm with Norma MHP loaded. Straight from the factory with one exception …. I’d run Wilson Combat mags in it.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I have a P365 that I modded with a match barrel. Fine shooter. But my eyes are not getting any better. So getting the XL with a red dot works. Made more sense to get the Spectre, (not comp). Otherwise my other P365 is fine. Its not that much bigger really. IWB owb works just fine either way.
Got it for $1067 from my lgs.
I have an M18, (p320), with a red dot but that’s too big. If I have to go back to anything else, it will be one of my HKs…
As far as a bbq gun. Thats just gold tin. Ya can get it without too. Trigger is great out of the box. Flat shooter..

So, whatever works for ya.

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
The Ultra is a pretty good carry weapon. Especially if you are a 1911 fan. I have one but don't carry it. When in a 1911 mood, I choose my S&W 1911 Pro Series w/ 3 inch barrel. Awesome pistol. Shoots like it's bigger.

However... I live on a remote beach ten miles from the nearest paved road and everything I own has sand in or on it. I also wear shorts and t-shirts (shirt optional) every day and only occasionally wear shoes. My going into town carry is a Hellcat. My walking around my property and surrounding area I usually carry a Ruger LCP or Max 9 in a Vedder Pocket J holster. The purpose of that is both are very reliable and inexpensive. So I don't worry about them getting beat up or scratched. Those little Rugers are like a Timex. They take a beating and keep on ticking.

I've recently added a Mako to my going into town routine and so far I'm pretty happy with it. I can shoot on my own property but also go to the range 3-4 times a month. They know me and as long as it's not busy the RO allows me to do my regular drills from the draw, which a lot of ranges don't permit.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts