Kimber Talk Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,

I’m new to the forum and new to Kimber.
I have a Micro 9 and have a question about something. The other day I got my Micro 9 out and took the magazine out and tried to rack the slide but I forgot I had the safety on. As we all know, you cannot rack the slide with the safety on and the hammer down. My question is, could this have damaged some of the internals? Like the seer? Or the safety? Or the hammer?
Why did I have the safety on you ask? Just a force of habit.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yes you can .. with Kimber Micros .. 9mm or .380Acp
That's how I carry :
Cocked & locked No round in chamber
Since I can rack and load with safety ON
I feel safe that way ..

Hello All,

I'm new to the forum and new to Kimber.
I have a Micro 9 and have a question about something. The other day I got my Micro 9 out and took the magazine out and tried to rack the slide but I forgot I had the safety on. As we all know, you cannot rack the slide with the safety on. My question is, could this have damaged some of the internals? Like the seer? Or the safety? Or the hammer?
Why did I have the safety on you ask? Just a force of habit.

·
Registered
13,888 Posts
Walter, welcome to the site from Tennessee.

Same can of worms waiting to be torn open...

·
Registered
387 Posts
"E CURRENT

AND SHOW ME

IndexKimber Model SpecificKimber Micro Carry Forum

Walter Sobchak

Junior MemberJoin:*4 days agoPosts:*5

4 days ago*· #1

Hello All,
I’m new to the forum and new to Kimber. I have a Micro 9 and have a question about something. The other day I got my Micro 9 out and took the magazine out and tried to rack the slide but I forgot I had the safety on. As we all know, you cannot rack the slide with the safety on and the hammer down. My question is, could this have damaged some of the internals? Like the seer? Or the safety? Or the hammer? Why did I have the safety on you ask? Just a force of habit.

Post Edited

Last edited by*Walter Sobchak*-*4 days ago

Kcarrier

Senior MemberJoin:*May 2020Posts:*110Central Florida

4 days ago*· #2

"Yes you can .. with Kimber Micros .. 9mm or .380Acp That's how I carry : Cocked & locked No round in chamber Since I can rack and load with safety On"

Only when the pistol is already cocked. You cannot rack it with the safety on and the hammer down.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts