Kimber Talk Forums banner

Range Report - Who went shooting today?

4K views 35 replies 9 participants last post by  Marshall 
#1 ·
OK, I need a shooting fix, even if it's vicariously from y'all.

So, hang on a minute while I open my bottle of Hoppes #9, tell us about your day shooting while the rest of us enjoy the aroma of good ol' #9.

Reactions: Chuck66
#4 ·
Yeah, me too, Chuck. Plus range fees are much cheaper on weekdays when there's almost no one there. Folk in the LGS are really friendly when you're the only one there.

Sure hope someone posts a report. But if not, the thread can stay open for next time.

Mike, shooting AR-15s is fun too. It's been way too long since I've shot mine. I just don't get much thrill shooting it indoors at 25 yards.

#5 ·
Didn't shoot today but did a gun show to get bullets and some powder, Looked for a new Kimber in 9mm but no one had anything in a 4in gun.

#8 ·
Was there on Sunday. Had kind of weird day...shot better with the Sig than the Kim which is unusual. My primary goal was to sight in my M&P 22 with my new Dawson sights. Let me tell you my groups were the best with those sights! Also, my GSG 22 (1911) was shooting right 3 inches so I fixed that as well. The sights on that gun are very easy to adjust with just my finger pressure but still for some reason I shot better with soft triggers that day.
Lastly, I took 4 hits to the forehead with brass with the Kimber so something is brewing. And I pick up my new TLE II stainless this afternoon.

#13 ·
:D :D Went to the range to day. Kim now has 650 round down the pipe and is running flawlessly. Seriously, the more I shoot that gun the more we meld and the nicer it feels. After 200 rounds I was standing there wishing I had 200 more. Seriously, my hands were not sore, nor was I feeling tired. I still have a very long way to go to be a good shooter, but there were moments that I could have kissed that gun. I put neon colored stickers on the target to give me a better aim point. At 10 yards I had this quarter sized sticker surrounded, then *BOOM* it was gone. I know it was the gun, not the shooter. But when you do things right, she rewards your effort. I love my Kimber and wish I had a dozen more.

#15 ·
No. Want to buy a CCCII? I'm getting the feeling she's not going to use it.

#17 ·
I went to the range today. Set up a target then walked back to the shooters table. When turned around, the target had disappeared. Well, not really. The 8 inches of snow we got and are now getting more on top, prevented my having a good day. But it is kind of hard to see a white target in a blizzard!

This post has been deleted
#22 ·
Not shooting today..Saturday I have 4 guns to clean early including the TLE. If I can get my act together I'll shoot both days this weekend. Changing out the recoil spring on the Ultra and checking the extractor adjustment while it's apart. Not letting my little girl shoot that gun until it's fixed.

This post has been deleted
#23 ·
That's great, Danny. Good to hear.

How'd those defensive loads feel in that short barrel?

#25 ·
I took my Ultra Raptor to the gunsmith today for the new MSH (pictures up in a few minutes on the other thread) and figured I'd shoot my Eclipse Custom 10mm for a while. 150 rounds of 180g FMJ. It shoots like a dream. I've got 350 rounds through it now.

I had one FTE today. It was the last round the first mag I shot. Happened to be the first time using the WC mag. Everything else was wonderful. The gun is very accurate and you sure do get a lot of people looking out of the corner of their eye at it.

I used the factory mag and two WC mags. Both WC mags were brand new. Only loaded them up for the first time last night. I'll keep them loaded up for a week or so until I shoot it again to get the spring set.

Still in the break in so not worried at all about the 1 FTE. I'll be cleaning her up to get ready for the next time.

#30 ·
I went to the range today. The LGS replaced my broken green/green AmeriGlo sights with yellow/green sights (free, of course.)

When I gave the smith my Kimber it was right after shooting 200 rounds, so it was filthy. When I got it back I went directly to the range and shot another 100 rounds. Flawless. I now have 750 round through the gun. I have no reason to ever mistrust that gun. I believe it will shoot each and every time I pull the trigger.

One of they range/store workers advised me the reason I'm shooting just left of the target is because I'm anticipating the shot and tightening my grip. I believe he is correct.

I also shot about 75 round in my G23. I anticipate that one worse than the Kimber.

But, good shot/bad shot, I still had fun. (bad shot = groups bigger than 4" at 10 yards)

#33 ·
You got the better end of that deal. I'da loaded the mags even if I'd cleaned the house. I just like doing gun stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.