Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am VERY pleased with the new grips (recently added to my 5" Kimber Custom.) Before leaving the house, during dry-fire practice, I noticed the very bottom edges of the right grip was rather sharp, so I removed it and lightly touched it a few times with some 220 grit paper. Perfect. Felt really good and secure while shooting. I highly recommend these grips from 1911gripguy.

Some of you may remember my 7 yard (21') targets looked like a basketball wouldn't cover the group. This target is my last 10 rounds out of 50. There are two (left and up) where I just got in a hurry and didn't settle on the target before engaging the trigger. But the yellow circle is 4". The outer circle is 6". I think I'm getting better.

target 062714.jpg

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
Big difference that I see...Great job...
Now are all the other holes surrounding the target practice shots until you finally hit the target???.....:D
I may have to order me some grips from that site because those you have are really sharp...

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL, no the holes in the back board are not mine :D

At first I though the aggressive cut of the grip was going to be way too rough on my hands, but not at all. Hands feel fine.

Reactions: Marshall

·
Super Moderator
38,416 Posts
Your groups are getting smaller Gary, that last one looks good.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Oh Yeah........!!!!

"Mama said they were MAGIC GRIPS!!!":D:D:D (With apologies to Forrest Gump!!!) :eek::eek::eek:

Reactions: Insta-Gator

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
May not be magic grips, but I really like shooting with them. Any time I can get 9 out of 10 shots within 3" of center, I'm pretty happy.

Reactions: Marshall

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Nice shootin! Now I'm really looking forward to mine arriving!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts