Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...shot a total of 150 rounds of 124 grain FMJ 9mm 3 different brands...
...the first 50 rounds was to get the Kimber Ultra CDP II and me familiar with each other; there was no FTF or FTE and POA was POI; my mind was thinking that this gun may be a keeper.
...the 2nd 50 rounds was rapid fire to see if the Kimber Ultra CDP II and me could get this pistol to run; once again there was no FTF or FTE and POA was POI; my mind was starting to get excited and was thinking that this is the gun that I always look for.
...the 3rd set of 50 rounds was slow aimed fire to see if I could actually hit what I was looking at:
Font Symmetry Pattern Circle Art

Here was the target sequence & no FTF or FTE:
...lower right at 3 yards;
...lower left at 5 yards;
...upper left at 10 yards;
...upper right at 15 yards;
...center at 25 yards....
Me thinks that that is good enough. This gun will be rotated into my daily carry.
...and yes, this was a gunbroker purchase. $789 buy me now, plus tax and shipping with no credit card fee. I am pleased. (the only issue is the night sights are dimmed out and need to be replaced)

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
...the first 50 rounds was to get the Kimber Ultra CDP II and me familiar with each other; there was no FTF or FTE and POA was POI; my mind was thinking that this gun may be a keeper.
...the 2nd 50 rounds was rapid fire to see if the Kimber Ultra CDP II and me could get this pistol to run; once again there was no FTF or FTE and POA was POI; my mind was starting to get excited and was thinking that this is the gun that I always look for.
...the 3rd set of 50 rounds was slow aimed fire to see if I could actually hit what I was looking at:
View attachment 128241
Me thinks that that is good enough. This gun will be rotated into my daily carry.
...and yes, this was a gunbroker purchase. $789 buy me now, plus tax and shipping with no credit card fee. I am pleased. (the only issue is the night sights are dimmed out and need to be replaced)
And that right there folks is why I LOVE my Ultras!! Glad yours is as good as mine are. The Ultras are great compact 1911’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
674 Posts
View attachment 128241
Truglo pro TFX is what put on my Ultra. IMO they are great sights. just ordered another set for my pro carry. On Amazon $108.00. Enjoy your new toy

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
My most shot, most reliable, most carried and most loved Kimbers are................ my three Ultra's.

If I had to make the hard choice and have only ONE 1911 (OMG!), it would most certainly be one of my Ultra's! Glad your new one is all you could ask for there, OKBound. They just 'feel right', carry very well, and are more accurate than needed for the intended purpose.

And for night sights, if wanted, you can send your slide to the mothership and they'll install nice new and bright night sights for a reasonable fee. I've done it with two of mine; had each slide back inside of two weeks. Remember, Tritium sights have a half-life of 12 years.

·
Registered
14,879 Posts
I'm with Rick, "IF" I could only have one Kimber my choice would be to KEEP the: Super Carry Ultra Plus .45acp.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My most shot, most reliable, most carried and most loved Kimbers are................ my three Ultra's.

If I had to make the hard choice and have only ONE 1911 (OMG!), it would most certainly be one of my Ultra's! Glad your new one is all you could ask for there, OKBound. They just 'feel right', carry very well, and are more accurate than needed for the intended purpose.

And for night sights, if wanted, you can send your slide to the mothership and they'll install nice new and bright night sights for a reasonable fee. I've done it with two of mine; had each slide back inside of two weeks. Remember, Tritium sights have a half-life of 12 years.
...another great suggestion, Thx... I talk with Kimber on Monday...

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
...got 2 additional magazines (Kimber) Saturday; will head back to the range to see how well they work... ...more to come

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
...got 2 additional magazines (Kimber) Saturday; will head back to the range to see how well they work... ...more to come
Good luck.. I'm chompin' at the bit to get out and shoot my new Ultra. I should have her excercised by the weekend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts