Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what's your system?
Me: 18"X14" poster paper with a 6" or 8" shoot n C in the center applied over the range supplied target (taped on). I usually go through 4 of these each session taping right over the last ones...clean slate everytime. And...makes great cover in the unlikely event that I have a floater..:D;)

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
I make one of each of these for our Saturday at the range session.They can last around 400 rounds between them,more if you're having a bad day of shooting.Their your normal targets but after me and Johnny{Walker} get through with our magic markers,this is what you get...The one on the left starts out with 7 targets {25 after} the right has 5 {13 after}.

·
Super Moderator
5,192 Posts
The range I shoot at has steel plates. I haven't shot paper targets in a long time.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I make one of each of these for our Saturday at the range session.They can last around 400 rounds between them,more if you're having a bad day of shooting.Their your normal targets but after me and Johnny{Walker} get through with our magic markers,this is what you get...The one on the left starts out with 7 targets {25 after} the right has 5 {13 after}.
Really nice. Do you remember the demensions of those by chance?

·
Super Moderator
38,381 Posts
If I'm feeling ambitious I'll print a couple them and use my copier to make more. If I'm not or it's a spur of the moment thing I'll grab some printer paper and stick an orange dot in the middle of it.

·
Super Moderator
5,192 Posts
Hell of alot better than the watermelons and refrigerators I used to shoot at years ago in the middle of the Nevada desert...
I have shot watermelons. They can be fun. We can shoot things like milk jugs too as long as we clean up afterwards. Picking up clays over at the shot gun ranges can also be fun.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have shot watermelons. They can be fun. We can shoot things like milk jugs too as long as we clean up afterwards. Picking up clays over at the shot gun ranges can also be fun.
Indeed. I remember my daughter's first shoot. Aluminum can...she hit it just right I sware that sucker flew up 4 feet in the air..pretty sight...she was hooked!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes I do.They are 23x35 and I get them from Law Enforcement Targets for .23 cts each..This is what they look like before....Chuck43 You can be more creative than a dot on a piece of copy paper....:D
Dirt cheap. That's a lot of target for the money.:cool:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Jms, I started looking at your targets and went into some kind of trance. Now I'm in a different town and don't remember how I got here. Those targets are liable to give somebody an Epileptic seizure!:eek:

Btw, range guy hands me a target. I say "gimme two." That's about it.

·
Registered
19,361 Posts
Jms, I started looking at your targets and went into some kind of trance. Now I'm in a different town and don't remember how I got here. Those targets are liable to give somebody an Epileptic seizure!:eek:

Btw, range guy hands me a target. I say "gimme two." That's about it.
Hahaha...My targets go from a 5in down to a 1in target and have made our poa shots much better since using them.I do get some looks at the range when I hang them up,but I also watch person after person going back to the retail desk at the range buying more at a $1 a piece while me and my .23cent targets just keep on shooting..

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
Targits!!

I bought my kids a kid sized Anschutz .22 LR bolt action rifle with a scope. The first targets that my kids ever shot were a bunch of old spray paint cans that I had laying around the garage. After one colorful burst and a can leaping 30 feet in the air, they were hooked!! :eek::eek:(Yes, we did pick up the cans when we were leaving!) That was some of the most fun I ever had with my kids!!!:D:D Wish I had that rifle back for my grandkids, now!!!

As for paper range targets, here are some of my favorites:

Zombie Deer.jpg Zombie Hooker.jpg O Zombie Bin Laden.jpg

Zombie Rat.jpg Zombie1.jpg

WHO SAID I'M OBSESSED WITH ZOMBIES???:eek::eek::eek:

·
Super Moderator
38,381 Posts
Those targets are great, I gave my 2 oldest grandsons a bunch of them for Christmas.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Yes it is, and lots of fun!
Bud's Gun Shop in Lexington has an indoor range with metal targets. One of these days, when I want to pick up a new toy, I'm going to make the 1-hour drive over there.

·
Super Moderator
5,192 Posts
Bud's Gun Shop in Lexington has an indoor range with metal targets. One of these days, when I want to pick up a new toy, I'm going to make the 1-hour drive over there.
You will enjoy the experience!

·
Registered
14,017 Posts
I don't have a link but I saw on an AllOutdoor blog about a new target. It is made by Birchwood Casey it is a cardboard with a torso that holds 10 standard size clay targets. I don't think most indoor ranges would let you use them but would be fun on your property or maybe outdoor range. They are less than $6.00.
Still looking for who is selling them.

EDIT: Found them on the Birchwood Casey website under "new products". They are called "Rigid 10-Clay Silhouette Target" 23"wide X 35"tall. Check them out. I may get some to use on my buddys farm.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts