Kimber Talk Forums banner
1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was able to put 100 rounds through my Micro9 Rapide today. Gun worked flawlessly, not a single issue, no fte, stovepipe, no triggering the safety. I added Hogue grips and it fits like a glove in my hands. Very pleased with the purchase and am looking forward to further outings as the gun and trigger get fully broken in.
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry

Used Norma FMJ 124 Grain and I lubed it up really well before its inauguration.

Next up will be getting my CCL. It's going to take at least 9 months for approval in the great state of Illinois:cautious:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Glad to hear you got some round down range without a hitch. Aren't those Hogue grips the cat's meow for taming the Micro 9?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Was able to put 100 rounds through my Micro9 Rapide today. Gun worked flawlessly, not a single issue, no fte, stovepipe, no triggering the safety. I added Hogue grips and it fits like a glove in my hands. Very pleased with the purchase and am looking forward to further outings as the gun and trigger get fully broken in.
View attachment 126823

Next up will be getting my CCL. It's going to take at least 9 months for approval in the great state of Illinois:cautious:
View attachment 126823

what ammo do u carry for self defense?

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
what ammo do u carry for self defense?
He is going to apply for his carry permit so he is probably not using his new Micro9 Rapide for self defense yet?

Reactions: bad ninja

·
Registered
473 Posts
He is going to apply for his carry permit so he is probably not using his new Micro9 Rapide for self defense yet?
Can’t believe 9 months for a concealed permit In Illinois. In Fl. If u have a pulse & clean history it’s very quick. 14 years ago when I got mine it was a 2-3 course, finger prints & application maybe a couple of weeks & u receive a license.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, not using self defense ammo yet. I have only been shooting for about a year. Inherited a Remington Model 51 .380 made in 1920 last year right when BLM and riots were ramping up. Figured it might be good to start investing in lead since Defund the Police gained traction.

Since then i have picked up 4 more guns with the Kimber for my EDC when I can legally do so after I take the 16 hour classes.

9 months is an estimate, the Illinois State Police process is so backlogged and screwed up they miss all timelines as listed in the statutes.

My Kimber sat at the FFL for 32 days because Illinois refuses to follow the NICS and follows a separate and dysfunctional process. It's so irritating to have that long of a wait knowing there is no reason for the delay

My next gun purchase might be a road trip to Indiana or Iowa because of the BS at the ISP.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Yep, not using self defense ammo yet. I have only been shooting for about a year. Inherited a Remington Model 51 .380 made in 1920 last year right when BLM and riots were ramping up. Figured it might be good to start investing in lead since Defund the Police gained traction.

Since then i have picked up 4 more guns with the Kimber for my EDC when I can legally do so after I take the 16 hour classes.

9 months is an estimate, the Illinois State Police process is so backlogged and screwed up they miss all timelines as listed in the statutes.

My Kimber sat at the FFL for 32 days because Illinois refuses to follow the NICS and follows a separate and dysfunctional process. It's so irritating to have that long of a wait knowing there is no reason for the delay

My next gun purchase might be a road trip to Indiana or Iowa because of the BS at the ISP.

That sucks. If I lived in a state that did not allow carry like California , NY, etc. I would still carry. Like the same reasons with all these Dem states allowing criminals to literally get away with murder & they don’t want police they could pis off. I’m not prejudice but I believe an eye for an eye. It’s better to tried by eleven then carried by seven. So since Jan. I purchased 4 Kimbers I just love the 1911 platform. I had a micro rapide nice but to small for my hand sold it in 2 weeks for $40 More than I paid for it @ cabelas.

bucking horse outpost has great prices free shipping over $75. Order & no tax check them out. They ship fast, I’ve ordered 4 time from them they are a straight up company

·
Registered
1,828 Posts

9 months to exercise a constitutionally protected right is nuts.

In GA, a CWL takes a couple weeks to get the card in the mail, and allows an FFL to skip the ncis check when you buy.

That said, in GA your car is an extension of your home. You can carry in your car without a CHL.

Check the penalty for carrying without a CHL.
In California, its a misdemeanor.

I'm not sayin'....im just sayin' .
Know what I mean?

Reactions: PaulR

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Laws were made to be broken. Do they give everybody a speeding ticket every time you over it
Pretty sure it's a Felony for me to have a loaded gun in the car unless I hold a CCL. I can bring unloaded guns in a case in my car with my FOID card which I do when going to the range.

Illinois has pretty tight gun laws and I laugh at the irony of it because I am 20 minutes west of the murder capital of America. Pretty sure the gangs dont care about the gun laws, dont think half of them can even read what a law is. Go figure.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Pretty sure it's a Felony for me to have a loaded gun in the car unless I hold a CCL. I can bring unloaded guns in a case in my car with my FOID card which I do when going to the range.

Illinois has pretty tight gun laws and I laugh at the irony of it because I am 20 minutes west of the murder capital of America. Pretty sure the gangs dont care about the gun laws, dont think half of them can even read what a law is. Go figure.
Damn.
That's messed up.
I would seriously be planning an escape.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Having a loaded gun in a vehicle w/o a carry permit was made legal here a few years ago. Tennessee has since adopted a version of constitutional carry which made legal on-person concealed carry w/o a carry permit.

Tennessee has come a long way since the dark days of May Issue pre 1990s. States like Georgia and Florida which were early adopters of Shall Issue are now laggards in adopting constitutional carry.

·
Registered
583 Posts

That pretty much nails it. That's how sad the liberal law makers thought process is. They actually think the criminals will abide by their crazy rules, but instead, the rules takes away the gun rights so hard working people can't defend themselves. It's a shame because Illinois is a nice state with a rich history. Sadly, I avoid it whenever I travel west, I go north through the U P of Michigan.

The crazy thing is Illinois doesn't recognize any other states permit. So for me to travel through Illinois legally, I must unload my gun at the border, lock it up and store the ammo elsewhere.

·
Registered
473 Posts

I’m sure there are plenty of law biding people packing they just don’t talk about it

·
Registered
198 Posts
Can’t believe 9 months for a concealed permit In Illinois. In Fl. If u have a pulse & clean history it’s very quick. 14 years ago when I got mine it was a 2-3 course, finger prints & application maybe a couple of weeks & u receive a license.
Same here..
Did mine from Tax collector , all you need is Gun safety certificate. They will do the rest..

·
Administrator
38,881 Posts
So for me to travel through Illinois legally, I must unload my gun at the border, lock it up and store the ammo elsewhere.
I lived in Illinois for 76 years, I had a F.O.I.D. card since they were first mandated in 1968 and a CCL since 2014. My son and daughter-in-law (Michigan residents) both have Michigan CPL's and would come to visit me in Illinois. The Illinois law says if you have a carry license from your resident state, and it's legal in that state to travel in a vehicle with a load gun, you can do it in Illinois. You just can't exit your vehicle in the state of Illinois with the loaded gun. Getting gas or hitting a rest stop, the person exiting the vehicle would give their gun to the other person, provided they also had a license. Once they pulled onto my property, they were free to exit their vehicle carrying their guns as long as I approved it. If traveling alone, and you need to exit the vehicle you have to unload the gun, exit the vehicle with the ammo not the gun and lock the ammo in the trunk.

As a side note, if you are pulled over by a police officer in Illinois for any reason, you are not obligated to tell them you have a gun in the vehicle unless you are asked.

·
Registered
473 Posts

You could always move to Fl. or Ga.

·
Registered
583 Posts
I lived in Illinois for 76 years, I had a F.O.I.D. card since they were first mandated in 1968 and a CCL since 2014. My son and daughter-in-law (Michigan residents) both have Michigan CPL's and would come to visit me in Illinois. The Illinois law says if you have a carry license from your resident state, and it's legal in that state to travel in a vehicle with a load gun, you can do it in Illinois. You just can't exit your vehicle in the state of Illinois with the loaded gun. Getting gas or hitting a rest stop, the person exiting the vehicle would give their gun to the other person, provided they also had a license. Once they pulled onto my property, they were free to exit their vehicle carrying their guns as long as I approved it. If traveling alone, and you need to exit the vehicle you have to unload the gun, exit the vehicle with the ammo not the gun and lock the ammo in the trunk.

As a side note, if you are pulled over by a police officer in Illinois for any reason, you are not obligated to tell them you have a gun in the vehicle unless you are asked.
Interesting.. I was under the understanding that Illinois did NOT recognize Michigan CPL's. I guess they don't inasmuch as I cannot carry a loaded handgun on my person if I'm outside of my vehicle while in that state. So the only thing I can defend against is a car jacking. I'll probably still avoid Illinois just the same as I do the liberal east coast states along with California and Oregon.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts