Kimber Talk Forums banner
81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Argee, arguring with Ninja on this is a losing proposition, trust me.

And I'll be stunned if you find a constitutional amendment that gives you the right to drive a car. That'll be news to all of us. Let it go......

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Comparing a constitutionally protected right to a privilege like driving a car is the same misguided rationale used by gun-grabbers such as Bloomberg and his gaggle of anti-gun Moms Demand Action and their ilk.

Heck, it's right out of their playbook:

--------

Ohio Moms Demand Action, Students Demand Action Respond After Lawmakers Discuss Dangerous Permitless Carry Bill

“I wasn’t allowed to drive a car until I passed a driver’s test,” said Mitchell Pinsky, a volunteer with the Ohio State University Students Demand Action. “Carrying a concealed handgun in public should be no different."

---------

If it doesn't give gun owners pause to be parroting the same bs as those who wish to disarm them, it should.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I legally purchased a car whe
Actually...the 9th amendment does.

In this thread, we learn who doesnt know the difference between a constitutionally specified right and a a liscenced priveledge.

You have the right to travel, but not the right to drive a vehicle, without current tags, registration, and valid state issued lisc. on a governme t maintained roadway.

Ask any soveregn citizen how that 9th amendment stretch works out.

Argee, are you really pretending to not know the difference between your 2A rights and a fucking Drivers lisc?
Really?

·
Registered
583 Posts
In this thread, we learn who doesnt know the difference between a constitutionally specified right and a a liscenced priveledge.

You have the right to travel, but not the right to drive a vehicle, without current tags, registration, and valid state issued lisc. on a governme t maintained roadway.

Ask any soveregn citizen how that 9th amendment stretch works out.

Argee, are you really pretending to not know the difference between your 2A rights and a fucking Drivers lisc?
Really?

·
Registered
583 Posts
I do know the difference. Actually, I'm presenting the same argument that the liberal mindset uses..looking for different perspectives on the matter that can be used in combatting them. It's called open discussion.

·
Registered
583 Posts
@Rick in Oregon I don't always see things from Ninja's point of view, but he's very passionate about our Second Amendment rights. I admire that attribute in him.

@ChattanoogaPhil Yes... it out of the liberal playbook.. it never hurts to have open discussion on what enemy to our second amendment is doing, especially in these rocky times.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Was able to put 100 rounds through my Micro9 Rapide today. Gun worked flawlessly, not a single issue, no fte, stovepipe, no triggering the safety. I added Hogue grips and it fits like a glove in my hands. Very pleased with the purchase and am looking forward to further outings as the gun and trigger get fully broken in.
View attachment 126823
Used Norma FMJ 124 Grain and I lubed it up really well before its inauguration.

Next up will be getting my CCL. It's going to take at least 9 months for approval in the great state of Illinois:cautious:
...great looking gun...
...glad the initial run went so well....

·
Registered
314 Posts
You likely sign a release before you're allowed to enter the range area. You are taking a chance and acknowledge that prior to entering. I like to go early and look over whose shooting before I go in. On the same note if someone comes in and I don't like what's happening I leave. Ever notice all the holes in the walls and ceilings of indoor ranges :oops:
Really thankful that I live in the “sticks” and have permission to shoot on private property 1/4 mile from home! Nobody there except me and whoever I take along!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Which amendment protects your right to drive a car?

Driving is a privilege.
Gun ownership is a right.
A car is a weapon. I see so many old people older than me that should not be driving. Accidents rates r high & the good drivers pay higher premiums.
alot of these old folks r on meds & handicaps them. All they have to do is pass a vision test.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
A simple yea or nay was all that was asked for.

Once again: If constitutional carry (no mandatory training or licensing for gun carry) came up for a vote in Georgia, how would want your representative to vote, yea or nay?
...well I guess you got some bonus material on that one Phil 😀
As to your question, in case my opinion wasn't evident, my wish for my representation would be to vote "nay" on any wide open, unilateral Constitutional carry legislation. That's my opinion and I'll spare you the numerous details why.

Every military, LE, and armed security force in the world believes proper training and competency are essential prerequisite requirements where modern arms are concerned. That's a fact, again I'll spare you listing the reasons why.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
FFS.
We gun owners are our own worst enemy.

Some of you would happily sacrifice even more of your rights on a straw man.

A criminal isnt going to follow that horseshit.
They will just carry the gun anyway.

But Mary that works two jobs and has only a few hours sunday afternoon off to shoot, cant excercise her right because she can't attend or afford a gun and a class?

Why do you hate Mary?

·
Registered
583 Posts
@bad ninja said
"We have the right to bear arms, to prevent our loss of god given rights to a tyrannical government.

When a right becomes a priviledge, overseen by the government, you have lost that right."

A true statement that makes the. " why" crystal clear.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Wait.. you want to take more of Marys rights away because you gave up yours?

What are you really so afraid of that you are asking for the government to take your 2A rights?

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
-Benjamin Franklin

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
Reactions: Chuck43

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
FFS.
We gun owners are our own worst enemy.

Some of you would happily sacrifice even more of your rights on a straw man.

A criminal isnt going to follow that horseshit.
They will just carry the gun anyway.

But Mary that works two jobs and has only a few hours sunday afternoon off to shoot, cant excercise her right because she can't attend or afford a gun and a class?

Why do you hate Mary?
...you hit the nail on the head when you said gun owners can be their own worst enemy.
As you are aware the Constitution puts the states elected officials in charge of fashioning laws for their constituents. Ideally the citizens wishes are implemented by the elected legislators they choose. Works out pretty well generally speaking. As we sit here there I believe 21 of our United Stated that have enacted a Constitutional Carry provision. These states are almost all primarily less densely populated with the majority of their areas being rural. If that's what they want well ok? That does make it easier for your girl Mary in theory but from what you've told us she has problems that may be more pressing? Anyways were Mary to live in NY or CA lets say, not unlike getting her driving license, yes, she'd need to pass a basic competency exam. She'd also need to demonstrate an understanding of the proper operation of a firearm. The majority of her neighbors there have decided that's the way they want to do things (that doesn't make them "commies BTW". So that's what folk there need to do. Ya know, I have faith in her though and believe she could "make it happen" if need be. Complying with local laws isn't really that difficult.
The irony is, seems like the folks complaining the most about this sort of thing, don't live there :rolleyes: It's sorta like on a gun forum, you get these guys who do nothing but passionately post negative critiques of models they don't own and have never shot??? I mean Whaaaaaaaaaat's up with that???

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
@bad ninja, are you sure your not a lawyer??
I'm just an average free American Citizen.
I thought everyone over 50 knew this stuff.

I guess I was wrong.

Our education system is obviously in worse shape than I thought.

Gun owners willing to happily give up more rights amd control to Bidens corrupt administration.

It's just crazy.

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
My inquiry was a joke. Chuck got it.
Azure Bird Organism Cartoon Font
Flag of the united states Font Red Flag Sleeve

81 - 100 of 105 Posts