Kimber Talk Forums banner
101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
my wish for my representation would be to vote "nay" on any wide open, unilateral Constitutional carry legislation.
See... that wasn't so tough was it? Now that you've come out of the closet as aligned with anti-gun groups against Constitutional Carry, perhaps we can now have a more frank discussion.

As far as government mandated training, Georgia has no such requirement to acquire a carry permit. Would it be fair to say that you'd prefer to ban gun carry in Georgia until a person could prove their "aptitude" and "qualify" to the satisfaction of the state?

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
The death toll in those states caused by negligent discharges from the untrained gun newbies would be astronomical.
I live just a few miles from the Tennessee/Georgia border. See lots of Georgia plates around here. I suppose I should write our governor advising him of the dangers of allowing gun-toting Georgians in our state who haven't been certified competent via government mandatory training.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Can’t believe 9 months for a concealed permit In Illinois. In Fl. If u have a pulse & clean history it’s very quick. 14 years ago when I got mine it was a 2-3 course, finger prints & application maybe a couple of weeks & u receive a license.
In Pennsylvania when I first got my CCL it took about 7 days for them to run background, but that was in early 80's. Now I understand that you can apply and pick up you license the next day, or have it mailed out and get it in 3 or 4 days. I know renewals take about a half hour.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I live just a few miles from the Tennessee/Georgia border. See lots of Georgia plates around here. I suppose I should write our governor advising him of the dangers of allowing gun-toting Georgians in our state who haven't been certified competent via government mandatory training.

Most of those probably drove up from Atlanta, so...yeah...thats probably a good idea.

101 - 105 of 105 Posts