Kimber Talk Forums banner

Rapide test drive

6K views 104 replies 15 participants last post by  bad ninja 
#1 ·
Was able to put 100 rounds through my Micro9 Rapide today. Gun worked flawlessly, not a single issue, no fte, stovepipe, no triggering the safety. I added Hogue grips and it fits like a glove in my hands. Very pleased with the purchase and am looking forward to further outings as the gun and trigger get fully broken in.
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry

Used Norma FMJ 124 Grain and I lubed it up really well before its inauguration.

Next up will be getting my CCL. It's going to take at least 9 months for approval in the great state of Illinois:cautious:

See less See more
#3 ·
Was able to put 100 rounds through my Micro9 Rapide today. Gun worked flawlessly, not a single issue, no fte, stovepipe, no triggering the safety. I added Hogue grips and it fits like a glove in my hands. Very pleased with the purchase and am looking forward to further outings as the gun and trigger get fully broken in.
View attachment 126823

Next up will be getting my CCL. It's going to take at least 9 months for approval in the great state of Illinois:cautious:
View attachment 126823

what ammo do u carry for self defense?

#4 ·
He is going to apply for his carry permit so he is probably not using his new Micro9 Rapide for self defense yet?

Reactions: bad ninja
#6 ·
Yep, not using self defense ammo yet. I have only been shooting for about a year. Inherited a Remington Model 51 .380 made in 1920 last year right when BLM and riots were ramping up. Figured it might be good to start investing in lead since Defund the Police gained traction.

Since then i have picked up 4 more guns with the Kimber for my EDC when I can legally do so after I take the 16 hour classes.

9 months is an estimate, the Illinois State Police process is so backlogged and screwed up they miss all timelines as listed in the statutes.

My Kimber sat at the FFL for 32 days because Illinois refuses to follow the NICS and follows a separate and dysfunctional process. It's so irritating to have that long of a wait knowing there is no reason for the delay

My next gun purchase might be a road trip to Indiana or Iowa because of the BS at the ISP.

#7 ·
That sucks. If I lived in a state that did not allow carry like California , NY, etc. I would still carry. Like the same reasons with all these Dem states allowing criminals to literally get away with murder & they don’t want police they could pis off. I’m not prejudice but I believe an eye for an eye. It’s better to tried by eleven then carried by seven. So since Jan. I purchased 4 Kimbers I just love the 1911 platform. I had a micro rapide nice but to small for my hand sold it in 2 weeks for $40 More than I paid for it @ cabelas.

bucking horse outpost has great prices free shipping over $75. Order & no tax check them out. They ship fast, I’ve ordered 4 time from them they are a straight up company

#10 ·
Pretty sure it's a Felony for me to have a loaded gun in the car unless I hold a CCL. I can bring unloaded guns in a case in my car with my FOID card which I do when going to the range.

Illinois has pretty tight gun laws and I laugh at the irony of it because I am 20 minutes west of the murder capital of America. Pretty sure the gangs dont care about the gun laws, dont think half of them can even read what a law is. Go figure.

#12 ·
Having a loaded gun in a vehicle w/o a carry permit was made legal here a few years ago. Tennessee has since adopted a version of constitutional carry which made legal on-person concealed carry w/o a carry permit.

Tennessee has come a long way since the dark days of May Issue pre 1990s. States like Georgia and Florida which were early adopters of Shall Issue are now laggards in adopting constitutional carry.

#23 ·
I have friends who travel (drive) through the northeast and into the northern midwest routinely. The general rule of thumb is to stow the suitcase gun in a locked piece of luggage, unloaded and in the trunk. Even in areas where possession of a handgun could fall into a grey area that at least presents the optic of an attempt to be law abiding and responsible? I know that would be considered way "unconstitutional" by the usual suspects and they'd undoubtedly defy the idea on principal? IMO sometimes it's best to just conform or at least make an effort...
My personal position is that laws are laws and it's best to abide. There are alternate methods of self defense that are legal everywhere and when applicable, being a good Scout, I like to be prepared. The truth is a firearm is probably the more humane option??? But hey, sometimes you've got to play the hand your dealt and work with the tools available...

#28 ·
Illinois! I grew up there and left for Wyoming when I was 18! I've lived in Kansas my entire adult life and here we don't need a permit to carry either openly or concealed. I do maintain a Kansas permit though just to be on the safe side...the problem with that is that it's issued by the department of motor vehicles and has the same number as your drivers license. An LEO friend told me that if he runs a DL check on someone with a carry permit it comes back "name" no wants or warrent's CCL permit. So he KNOWS that there is probably a weapon present.

The problem is my family lives in Illinois and were go frequently to visit. As much as I hate to I leave my weapon at home because if I'm stopped for a traffic violation when the officer runs my DL number he knows I could have a weapon. I don't really want to explain to a highway patrolman why I have a gun, now I just have to explain why I left it at home!

We need a nationally recognized carry permit to avoid such foolishness.

#31 ·
Illinois! I grew up there and left for Wyoming when I was 18! I've lived in Kansas my entire adult life and here we don't need a permit to carry either openly or concealed. I do maintain a Kansas permit though just to be on the safe side...the problem with that is that it's issued by the department of motor vehicles and has the same number as your drivers license. An LEO friend told me that if he runs a DL check on someone with a carry permit it comes back "name" no wants or warrent's CCL permit. So he KNOWS that there is probably a weapon present.

The problem is my family lives in Illinois and were go frequently to visit. As much as I hate to I leave my weapon at home because if I'm stopped for a traffic violation when the officer runs my DL number he knows I could have a weapon. I don't really want to explain to a highway patrolman why I have a gun, now I just have to explain why I left it at home!

We need a nationally recognized carry permit to avoid such foolishness.
Florida use to be open carry up till 1986 when Janet Reno was Secretary of State when Clinton was in office. I understand Desantis our current Governor has been trying to undo that law & go back to open carry so long as u have a concealed permit.
Thank God I live in a red state.

#40 ·
Meanwhile back in Tennessee!
Bottle Beard Publication Font Bow tie

#59 ·
There is mandatory training/qualifying associated with getting a CCW license in many states. Whether any of us like it or not "them's the breaks". I can believe everyone who goes through the "program" in TN gets a certificate of completion. I don't know if that equates to everyone who applies for a permit/license gets approved? I'd guess most do?
On a related note I was looking over one of those reciprocity maps. If I understood it correctly TN recognizes and honors permits from anywhere. Georgia seems to frown on several states permits???

#64 ·
There is mandatory training/qualifying associated with getting a CCW license in many states. Whether any of us like it or not "them's the breaks".
Perhaps we can cut through the clutter of banter with a simple question.

If constitutional carry (no mandatory training or licensing for gun carry) came up for a vote in Georgia, how would want your representative to vote, yea or nay?

#72 ·
When you think about it, society mandates training before we let someone behind the wheel of an automobile. But we get our hackles up when the same is suggested for using a firearm.

#84 · (Edited)
Comparing a constitutionally protected right to a privilege like driving a car is the same misguided rationale used by gun-grabbers such as Bloomberg and his gaggle of anti-gun Moms Demand Action and their ilk.

Heck, it's right out of their playbook:

--------

Ohio Moms Demand Action, Students Demand Action Respond After Lawmakers Discuss Dangerous Permitless Carry Bill

“I wasn’t allowed to drive a car until I passed a driver’s test,” said Mitchell Pinsky, a volunteer with the Ohio State University Students Demand Action. “Carrying a concealed handgun in public should be no different."

---------

If it doesn't give gun owners pause to be parroting the same bs as those who wish to disarm them, it should.

#89 ·
@Rick in Oregon I don't always see things from Ninja's point of view, but he's very passionate about our Second Amendment rights. I admire that attribute in him.

@ChattanoogaPhil Yes... it out of the liberal playbook.. it never hurts to have open discussion on what enemy to our second amendment is doing, especially in these rocky times.

#94 ·
FFS.
We gun owners are our own worst enemy.

Some of you would happily sacrifice even more of your rights on a straw man.

A criminal isnt going to follow that horseshit.
They will just carry the gun anyway.

But Mary that works two jobs and has only a few hours sunday afternoon off to shoot, cant excercise her right because she can't attend or afford a gun and a class?

Why do you hate Mary?

#98 ·
...you hit the nail on the head when you said gun owners can be their own worst enemy.
As you are aware the Constitution puts the states elected officials in charge of fashioning laws for their constituents. Ideally the citizens wishes are implemented by the elected legislators they choose. Works out pretty well generally speaking. As we sit here there I believe 21 of our United Stated that have enacted a Constitutional Carry provision. These states are almost all primarily less densely populated with the majority of their areas being rural. If that's what they want well ok? That does make it easier for your girl Mary in theory but from what you've told us she has problems that may be more pressing? Anyways were Mary to live in NY or CA lets say, not unlike getting her driving license, yes, she'd need to pass a basic competency exam. She'd also need to demonstrate an understanding of the proper operation of a firearm. The majority of her neighbors there have decided that's the way they want to do things (that doesn't make them "commies BTW". So that's what folk there need to do. Ya know, I have faith in her though and believe she could "make it happen" if need be. Complying with local laws isn't really that difficult.
The irony is, seems like the folks complaining the most about this sort of thing, don't live there :rolleyes: It's sorta like on a gun forum, you get these guys who do nothing but passionately post negative critiques of models they don't own and have never shot??? I mean Whaaaaaaaaaat's up with that???

#95 ·
@bad ninja said
"We have the right to bear arms, to prevent our loss of god given rights to a tyrannical government.

When a right becomes a priviledge, overseen by the government, you have lost that right."

A true statement that makes the. " why" crystal clear.

#96 ·
Wait.. you want to take more of Marys rights away because you gave up yours?

What are you really so afraid of that you are asking for the government to take your 2A rights?

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
-Benjamin Franklin

#97 ·
Reactions: Chuck43
#99 ·
I'm just an average free American Citizen.
I thought everyone over 50 knew this stuff.

I guess I was wrong.

Our education system is obviously in worse shape than I thought.

Gun owners willing to happily give up more rights amd control to Bidens corrupt administration.

It's just crazy.

#100 ·
My inquiry was a joke. Chuck got it.
Azure Bird Organism Cartoon Font
Flag of the united states Font Red Flag Sleeve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.